|Jungle Training Center|
|Allegiance||French Foreign Legion|
|Active||1987 – Present|
|Role||Jungle Warfare Instruction|
|Part of||3rd Foreign Infantry Regiment|
The Jungle Warfare Center was established in French Guyana on September 22, 1987 near Régina in French Guyana. The Jungle Training Center is attached to the Command and Support Company of the 3rd Foreign Infantry Regiment.
The Jungle Training Center offers four different training courses in jungle warfare for unit-sized groups:
- Initiation Course: This course lasts four days during which time the students are familiarized with jungle survival.
- Jungle Warfare Course: This course lasts for two weeks during which time the unit is prepared for operating in a jungle or tropical environment. The course's elements are modular, allowing the course to be customized according to the student unit's needs and expertise.
- Advanced Jungle Warfare Course: This course last for two weeks and was developed to impart specific skills to infantry and special forces units.
- Survival Course: This course is intended to impart the student unit with specific survival skill or field test equipment in a jungle environment.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Le Centre d'Entraînement en Forêt Equatoriale (CEFE)" (in French). Legion Etrangere. http://3rei.legion-etrangere.com/modules/info_seul.php?id=47&page=2. Retrieved 8 June 2010.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|