|Jungwon Air Base|
|IATA: none – ICAO: RKTI|
|Location||Chungju, South Korea|
|Elevation AMSL||281 ft / 86 m|
The base is home to the ROKAF 19th Fighter Wing (제19전투비행단), comprising:
- 161st Fighter Squadron flying F-16C/D (Block32)
- 162nd Fighter Squadron flying F-16C/D (Block32)
- 155th Fighter Squadron flying KF-16C/D (Block52)
- 159th Fighter Squadron flying KF-16C/D (Block52)
Incidents and accidentsEdit
- 30 June 2003, F-16 made a hard landing, the pilot ejected successfully
- 27 January 2006, F-16C #85-1576 crashed shortly after takeoff, the pilot ejected successfully
- ↑ Airport information for RKTI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- ↑ "Chronological listing of South Korean losses and ejections". Ejection-history.org.uk. http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Country-By-Country/Korea_South.htm. Retrieved 25 June 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.