|Jungwon Air Base|
|IATA: none – ICAO: RKTI|
|Location||Chungju, South Korea|
|Elevation AMSL||281 ft / 86 m|
Units stationed[edit | edit source]
The base is home to the ROKAF 19th Fighter Wing (제19전투비행단), comprising:
- 161st Fighter Squadron flying F-16C/D (Block32)
- 162nd Fighter Squadron flying F-16C/D (Block32)
- 155th Fighter Squadron flying KF-16C/D (Block52)
- 159th Fighter Squadron flying KF-16C/D (Block52)
Incidents and accidents[edit | edit source]
- 30 June 2003, F-16 made a hard landing, the pilot ejected successfully
- 27 January 2006, F-16C #85-1576 crashed shortly after takeoff, the pilot ejected successfully
References[edit | edit source]
- Airport information for RKTI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Script error: No such module "citation/CS1".
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.