|Dipl.-Ing. Karl Bock|
|Born||9 November 1899|
|Died||20 January 1943(aged 43)|
|Place of birth||Legelshurst|
|Place of death||Ssamurskaja, Soviet Union|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||
Major der Reserve (Heer)|
NSDAP #411630 |
|Commands held||III./Infanterie-Regiment 97|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Dipl.-Ing. Karl Bock[Notes 1] (9 November 1899 – 20 January 1943) was a highly decorated Major der Reserve in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Karl Bock was killed on 20 January 1943, near Ssamurskaja, Soviet Union. He was posthumously promoted to Major der Reserve and Brigadeführer.
Awards and decorations[edit | edit source]
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (20 June 1940)
- 1st Class (9 August 1941)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold (16 March 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 3 May 1942 as Hauptmann der Reserve and commander of the III./Infanterie-Regiment 97
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In German an engineer's degree is called Diplom-Ingenieur (abbreviated Dipl.-Ing.)
References[edit | edit source]
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 116.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.