|Kenneth W. Bilby|
Kenneth Bilby (L) in Israel, 1948
October 7, 1918|
August 1, 1997 (aged 78)|
|Cause of death||Leukemia|
|Education||University of Arizona|
|Occupation||Executive vice president|
|Known for||Legion of Honor|
Helen Owen Lehman|
Kenneth W. Bilby (October 7, 1918 – August 1, 1997) was a winner of the Legion of Honor, an executive vice president of RCA, and the author of The General, a book on David Sarnoff's role in the creation of RCA and television.
Biography[edit | edit source]
He was born on October 7, 1918 in Tucson, Arizona to Ralph Willard Bilby and Marguerite Mansfield. He had a brother, Richard Bilby, who became a judge on the United States District Court for the District of Arizona.
During World War II he was awarded The Legion of Honor, the Bronze Star and the Silver Star. After the World War, he covered the 1948 Arab–Israeli War and authored the book: New Star in the Near East.
Books[edit | edit source]
- New Star in the Near East, Doubleday
- The General: David Sarnoff and the rise of the Communications Industry (1986), Harper and Row, ISBN 0-06-015568-X
References[edit | edit source]
- "Former RCA executive Kenneth W. Bilby dies". Dallas Morning News. August 2, 1997. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=DM&p_theme=dm&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0ED3D933F1791775&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Retrieved 2008-07-17. "Former RCA executive Kenneth W. Bilby died Friday of leukemia at Zale Lipshy University Hospital in Dallas. Services for Mr. Bilby, 78, will be at 2 pm ..."
- "Kenneth Bilby, 78, Author and Journalist". New York Times. August 2, 1997. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9403E5D8143DF931A3575BC0A961958260. Retrieved 2007-07-21. "Kenneth W. Bilby, an author and journalist, died of leukemia in Dallas yesterday. He was 78. Born in Tucson, Arizona, Mr. Bilby graduated from the University of Arizona."
- "Helen O. Lehman To Wed Saturday. Descendant of William J. Bryan Engaged to Kenneth W. Bilby of Herald Tribune Staff.". New York Times. March 1, 1948. http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F40B16FF395A157B93C3A91788D85F4C8485F9. Retrieved 2008-07-17. "Mr. and Mrs. Robert Lehman of 625 Park Avenue have announced the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, Helen Owen, to Kenneth W. Bilby of ..."
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|