|Sakaide, Kagawa, Kagawa Prefecture, Japan|
Kiyama Castle (Sanuki), Jomon.jpg|
Stone wall and Gate of Kiyama
|Built by||Yamato court|
Kiyama was built by Yamato court. Following the defeat of Yamato Japan in the 663 battle of Hakusukinoe by an alliance of Tang China and the Korean kingdom of Silla, Emperor Tenji ordered the construction of defenses against a possible invasion.
There are little remains of the castle on the present day site, just some Stone walls and earthworks.
Kamogawa Station (Yosan Line)
- List of Historic Sites of Japan (Kagawa)
- "城山 " (in Japanese). 香川のみどり百選. https://www.pref.kagawa.lg.jp/kankyo/shizen/guidemap/select/shigaichi/18.htm. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "城山城跡" (in Japanese). 丸亀市. https://www.city.marugame.lg.jp/sightseeing/history/02/. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "城山" (in Japanese). 坂出市. https://www.city.sakaide.lg.jp/soshiki/bunkashinkou/kiyama.html. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "城山" (in Japanese). Sakaide cityofficial. https://www.city.sakaide.lg.jp/soshiki/nigiwai/kiyama2017.html. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|