A laser warning receiver is a type of warning system used as a passive military defence. It detects, analyzes, and locates directions of laser emissions from laser guidance systems and laser rangefinders. Then it alerts the crew and can start various countermeasures, like smoke screen, aerosol screen (e.g. Shtora-1), active laser self-defence weapon with Laser dazzler (LSDW, used on Type 99 China main battle tank), laser jammer, etc.
Detectors used in LWR are usually based on semiconductor photodetector array, which is typically cryogenically or thermal-electric cooled. Sometimes avalanche photodiodes (APD), photoconductivity, photoelectromagnetic, or photodiffusion devices are used even without cooling. Some devices detect only main beam of foreign laser and other detect even scattered rays.
Some models used by US are listed:
- ↑ http://books.google.com/books?id=bF3phGjIQ0sC&pg=SA6-PA14&dq=Laser+warning+receiver& Electronic Warfare in Operations: U. S. Army Field Manual FM 3-36 Page A-4; 25 Feb 2009
- ↑ http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/type-99.htm
- ↑ http://www.boselec.com/products/detirlwr.html
- ↑ "Laser Warning Systems". BAE Systems. 2008-02-14. http://www.baesystems.com/ProductsServices/eis_s2_si_lws.html. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- ↑ "Laser Warning Detector". Thales. 2008-02-14. http://www.thalesgroup.com/Portfolio/Defence/LandJoint_Products_Survivability_LWD/?pid=6907. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- ↑ PCO "SSP-1 OBRA-3"
- ↑ 
- ↑ LAWAREC - Laser and Laser/Radar Warning Receivers Metrodat
- ↑ http://www.virtualacquisitionshowcase.com/document/1181/briefing
- AN/AVR-2 LWS at fas (airbone)
- Goodrich AN/VVR-1 Laser Warning Receiver System (LWRS)
- Goodrich AN/VVR-2 Laser Warning Receiver System (LWRS) (land laser warner)
- High-speed FT Spectrometer for Laser Warning Receivers
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|