This is a list of Articles on Nazi medical doctors (M.D. or physicians).
When the Nazi government came to power it purged Germany of its 6,000 to 7,000 Jewish doctors. Reportedly more than 7% of all German physicians became members of the Nazi party during World War Two, a far higher percentage than the general population. While most of these doctors were physicians, some were psychiatrists, and some held doctorates (PhD.'s) in biology, anthropology, or similarly related fields. In 1942 more than 38,000 German doctors had joined the Nazi party.
"The participation in the ‘betrayal of Hippocrates’ had a broad basis within the German medical profession. Without the doctors' active help, the Holocaust could not have happened." wrote E Ernst in the International Journal of Epidemiology.
Killing and experimentation became medical procedures as they were performed by licensed doctors. The excuse that there wasn't any international law to differentiate between legal and illegal human experimentation, was used in the Doctors' trial. Due to the lack of international laws to govern doctors, the Nuremberg Code (1947) was created.
Alphabetical List of the Nazi physicians.
- Dr. Karl Babor. German Wikipedia entry on Karl Babor (German Wikipedia) , Physician.
- Dr. Ernst Baumhard (de) (Dr. Jäger) , Physician.
- Dr. Hermann Becker-Freyseng , Physician.
- Dr. Wilhelm Beiglböck (Beiglboeck), Physician. Defendant in the doctors trial.
- Dr. Friedrich Berner (de) (Dr. Barth) , Physician.
- Dr. Kurt Borm (de) , Physician. Full name Kurt Walter Werner Borm
- Dr. Karl Brandt , Physician. Defendant in the doctors trial.
- Dr. Heinrich Bunke (de) (a.k.a. Dr. Rieper, Dr. Keller) , Physician.
- Dr. Irmfried Eberl (psychiatrist) (A.K.A. Dr. Schneider, Dr. Meyer)
- Dr. Hans Eisele , Physician.
- Dr. Klaus Endruweit (de) , Physician.
- Dr. Friedrich Karl Entress, Friedrich Entress (German Wikipedia) , Physician.
- Dr. Hans Eppinger , Physician.
- Dr. Eugen Fischer (eugenics)
- Dr. Karl Franz Gebhardt , Physician.
- Dr. Emil Gelny (de) Physician.
- Dr. Hans Bodo Gorgaß (de) Full name Hans Bodo Gorgaß/Gorgass (A.K.A. Dr. Kramer) Physician.
- Dr. Ernst-Robert Grawitz , Physician.
- Dr. Heinrich Gross psychiatrist, physician and neurologist
- Dr. Kurt Gutzeit (de) , Gastroenterologist
- Dr. Julius Hallervorden
- Dr. Siegfried Handloser
- Dr. Ernst Hefter (de) (psychiatrist)
- Dr. Aribert (Ferdinand) Heim (Dr Death)
- Dr. Hans Heinze , Psychiatrist
- Dr. Günther Hennecke (de) (Dr. Ott)
- Dr. Werner Heyde , Psychiatrist
- Dr. Fritz Hintermayer (de)
- Dr. Rudolf Hippius, psychologist
- Dr. Alfred Erich Hoche , Psychiatrist
- Dr. Waldemar Hoven
- Dr. Yusuf Bey Murad Ibrahim
- Dr. Ernst Illing (de) , psychiatrist and neurologist
- Dr. Erwin Jekelius (de)
- Dr. Wilhelm Jobst (de) or Wilhelm (William) Jobst, Physician
- Dr. Herbert Linden (de)
- Dr. Rudolf Lonauer (de)
- Dr. Josef Mengele
- Dr. Friedrich Mennecke (de) , Physician.
- Dr. Theodor Gilbert Morell
- Dr. Joachim Mrugowsky
- Dr. Hermann Paul Nitsche (psychiatrist)
- Dr. Herta Oberheuser . Defendant in the doctors trial
- Dr. Sigmund Rascher
- Dr. Hans Conrad Julius Reiter
- Dr. Georg Renno (de)
- Dr. Robert Ritter (psychiatrist)
- Dr. Hans-Wolfgang Romberg (de) . Defendant in the doctors trial
- Dr. Gerhard Rose AKA Gerhard August Heinrich Rose, Gerhard Rose at German Wikipedia
- Dr. Gerhard Schiedlausky (de)
- Dr. Curt Schmalenbach (de)
- Dr. Ernst Heinrich Schmidt
- Dr. Carl Schneider , Psychiatrist
- Dr. Walter Paul Emil Schreiber
- Dr. Oskar Schröder (de)
- Dr. Horst Schumann (Dr. Keim)
- Dr. Heinz Thilo
- Dr. Percival Treite (de) , Gynecologist
- Dr. Alfred Trzebinski
- Dr. Marianne Türk (de) , pediatrician
- Dr. Aquilin Ullrich (de)
- Dr. Hellmuth Unger (de) (AKA Friedrich Hermann, Fritz Herrmann, Hans Holm)
- Dr. Carl Peter Værnet
- Dr. Otmar Freiherr von Verschuer
- Dr. Gerhard Wagner
- Dr. Bruno Nikolaus Maria Weber
- Dr. Ernst Wentzler (de) Full name Ernst Albert Max Wentzler
- Dr. Eduard Wirths
- Dr. Wilhelm Witteler (de)
- Dr. Ewald Wortmann (de) also known as Hannes Wortmann
- Action 14f13
- Action T4
- Doctors' Trial
- Glossary of Nazi Germany
- Grafeneck Euthanasia Centre
- List of major perpetrators of the Holocaust
- List of medical eponyms with Nazi associations
- List of Nazi concentration camps
- List of Nazi Party leaders and officials
- List of former Nazi Party members
- Mass suicides in 1945 Nazi Germany
- Nazi human experimentation
- Nuremberg Code
- Responsibility for the Holocaust
- Dr Shirō Ishii
- Zyklon B
- Newspaper The Southeast Missourian "Germany looks for way out of war" Sep 17, 1938
- "The Third Reich—German physicians between resistance and participation" by E Ernst. Int. J. Epidemiol. (2001) Volume 30, Issue 1 Pp. 37-42. doi: 10.1093/ije/30.1.37
- "A long shadow: Nazi doctors, moral vulnerability and contemporary medical culture" Published Online First 3 May 2012
- "Apologising for Nazi medicine: a constructive starting point" The Lancet, Volume 380, Issue 9843, Pages 722 - 723, 25 August 2012
- Nazi Euthanasia of the Mentally Ill at Hadamar: Rael D. Strous, M.D.Am J Psychiatry 2006
- "The Nazi Doctors and the Nuremberg Code : Human Rights in Human Experimentation" Oxford University Press. May 7, 1992
- "Murderous Science: Elimination by scientific selection of Jews, Gypsies and others:1933-1945" by Benno Müller-Hill, Oxford University Press, 1988
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|