List of civilian casualties in the War in Afghanistan (2012)
- February 8, 2012 – 2012 Kapisa airstrike - Seven children and a young adult were killed by an ISAF airstrike in the village of Geyaba in the eastern Afghan province of Kapisa.
- February 17, 2012 - Kunar Raid - Six civilians, including a woman and a child were killed in a night raid in Dewa Gul Valley, in the Chawki district of Kunar province.
- March 11, 2012 – Kandahar massacre - At least 16 civilians, including women and children were killed after a 'rogue' US serviceman entered their homes and began to open fire in the Afghan province of Kandahar.
- May 27, 2012 - Eight members of an Afghan family, including six children and two women, were killed in a NATO airstrike in eastern Afghanistan.
- July 2, 2012 - NATO killed three shopkeepers in an airstrike near Charkh District, east of Afghanistan. Logar province spokesman Din Mohammad Darwesh said NATO forces were on a foot patrol in morning of July 2 in Charkh district when they came under fire from insurgents. He said they called in an airstrike and the bombardment killed three shopkeepers.
- September, 2012 - NATO killed eight women and injured a further seven women, in an airstrike in Laghman.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Informer Misled NATO in Airstrike That Killed 8 Civilians, Afghans Say (Archived at WebCite)
- NATO regrets airstrike that killed 8 young Afghans (Archived at WebCite)
- Night raid sparks anti-US protests (Archived at WebCite)
- US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar (Archived at WebCite)
- Eight Afghan civilians said killed in NATO airstrike (Archived at WebCite)
- Afghan official: NATO airstrike kills 3 civilians (Archived at WebCite)
- Afghanistan: Nato air strike 'kills eight women' in Laghman (Archived at WebCite)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.