Luis Pizaño (died 5/10/1550 Laredo-España-Spain) was a Spanish Captain General of Artillery and military engineer. He is best known for his work on the fortifications of Catalonia and the Basque Country. In 1540, he sent a report to the Council informing them that the fortifications of San Sebastián were in a poor state and should be extended. He took part in the reconstruction of the San Sebastian murallas between 1542 and 1544. Charles V let Pizaño assume responsibility for the construction of the Castell de la Trinitat and other building projects in Roses, Girona in 1543. Construction of the Castell de la Trinitat commenced on 2 January 1544 and was completed in mid-1551 after Pizaño's death by the Italian engineer Pietro di Giacomo Cataneo.
- ↑ Sada, Javier Ma (2002) (in Spanish). Historia de la ciudad de San Sebastián a través de sus personajes. Alberdania. p. 328. ISBN 978-84-95589-55-2. https://books.google.com/books?id=JKlL9XvHiE0C&pg=PA328.
- ↑ Amirola, Eugenio Llaguno y; Bermúdez, Juan Agustín Ceán (1829) (in Spanish). Noticias de los arquitectos y arquitectura de España desde su restauración. En la Imprenta real. p. 229. https://books.google.com/books?id=PXY_AAAAIAAJ&pg=PA229.
- ↑ "Roses". Fortified-places.com. http://www.fortified-places.com/roses/. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
- Fermín de Sojo y Lomba (1928). Il capitano Luis Pizano. La stampa Ingegneri Memorial Ejército.Madrid.
- Alicia Cámara (2000 Lo stato del Sociedad fortificazioni per la commemorazione del centenario di Filippo II e di Carlo V imperatore Carlo V). Le fortificazioni di Carlo V.