| Luxeuil Air Base|
Base aérienne 116 Luxeuil Saint-Sauveur
Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) Y-8
|IATA: none – ICAO: LFSX|
|Owner||Government of France|
|Operator||Armée de l'air|
|Elevation AMSL||913 ft / 278 m|
Luxeuil (French language:Base aérienne 116 Luxeuil Saint-Sauveur or BA 116) (ICAO: LFSX) is a medium size air base located at , near Luxeuil-les-Bains in the Franche-Comté region of France. It has two runways: 113/293 with a length of 2433m, and 038/218 with a length of 2315m.
The base is used exclusively by the Armée de l'air and hosts two operational units:
- Strike Squadron 1/4 Dauphiné
- Strike Squadron 2/4 La Fayette
The two units are supported by:
- DAMS (Dépôt atelier munitions spécialisées), Specialised Ammunition Storage, responsible for the nuclear strike alert facilities on the base.
- Tactical Instruction Centre 00.339 Aquitaine, in charge of directing the strike squadrons in their low-altitude all-weather mission.
- Air Defence squadron 04.950 Servance, responsible for anti aircraft defence.
- Fusiliers Commandos de l'Air, responsible for security and ground defence.
- French Air Force link (French)
- Sqn 01.004 Dauphine (French)
- Sqn 02.004 La Fayette (French)
- Sqn 04.950 Servence (French)
- Airport information for LFSX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Fusiliers Commandos de l'air (French)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|