| This biographical article.
Needs additional citations for verification.
- They Called It Passchendaele, an account of the Battle of Passchendaele in 1917.
- The Roses of No Man's Land, a chronicle of the war from the neglected viewpoint of the casualties and the medical teams who struggled to save them.
- Somme, a history of the legendary and horrifying battle that has haunted the minds of succeeding generations.
- 1914: The Days of Hope, a vivid account of the first months of the war and winner of the 1987 Yorkshire Post Book of the Year Award.
- 1914-1918: Voices and Images of the Great War, an illuminating account of the many different aspects of the war.
- 1915: The Death of Innocence, a brilliant evocation of the year that saw the terrible losses of Aubers Ridge, Loos, Neuve Chapelle, Ypres and Gallipoli.
- To the Last Man: Spring 1918, a story of the second battle of the Somme.
- At the Going Down of the Sun, 365 soldiers from the Great War. Co-writer with Ian Connerty, Sir Martin Gilbert, Peter Hart, Lyn MacDonald and Nigel Steel, Lannoo, Tielt, 2001.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.