|Born||23 May 1914|
|Died||8 November 2002(aged 88)|
|Place of birth||Frauenhain|
|Place of death||Oldenburg|
Nazi Germany (to 1945)|
|Years of service||
|Commands held||Kampfgruppe "Beutner"|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Manfred Beutner (23 May 1914 – 8 November 2002) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II and an Oberst in the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Manfred Beutner was captured in 1945 by Soviet troops in the Courland Pocket and was released in 1955. He later joined the Bundeswehr, retiring in 1972 as an Oberst.
Awards and decorationsEdit
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (8 October 1939)
- 1st Class (25 May 1940)
- Wound Badge
- in Black
- in Silver (4 December 1944)
- Infantry Assault Badge (20 October 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal (28 July 1942)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (25 August 1944)
- German Cross in Gold (4 February 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 30 September 1944 as Major and division adjutant of the 329. Infanterie-Division and commander of schnelle Abteilung 329
- Great Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (2 August 1972)
- ↑ Fellgiebel 2000, p. 112.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.