Vice admiral Mike Dumont, 2018
|Birth name||Michael J. Dumont|
|Place of birth||Brunswick, Cumberland County, U.S.|
United States Army|
United States Navy
|Years of service||19xx - present|
|Battles/wars||Global war on terrorism|
|Awards||Defense Superior Service Medal|
Michael J. Dumont is an American flag officer, naval aviator and vice admiral in the United States Navy, serving as a deputy commander of U.S. Northern Command and vice commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado. Mike served in US army for five years as an aviator and paratrooper and later, he joined navy.
Education[edit | edit source]
Mike did Bachelor of Arts from the University of Southern Maine. He also attended Suffolk University Law School where he completed further studies and earned a Juris Doctor degree. He attended United States Army War College and did Master of Science in Strategic studies and later, he went to National War College and did master's degree in National Security Strategy.
Career[edit | edit source]
Mike was born in Brunswick, Maine, and was commissioned in United States Army as a second lieutenant. Before joining the navy, he served five years as an army aviator and paratrooper, and later established his career associations with the US navy as a naval aviator. As a joint command, he was assigned to commanded operational units, including Squadron unit. He was later appointed as an special assistant to the Supreme Allied Commander Europe and Commander for United States European Command. Mike served SA at chief of staff and defense representative to Pakistan and deputy chief of staff for stability and support operations. Later, he was assigned to joint command to NATO-led International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan and chief of staff and deputy chief of staff for strategy, resources and plans (N5/N8). Besides serving at a naval component command United States Naval Forces Europe – Naval Forces Africa, he was also appointed as deputy director for Politico-Military Affairs. His prominent assignments includes deputy director for strategic initiatives and later, vice director.
After serving at various posts, rear admiral Mike was later nominated for the appointment of vice admiral rank and was subsequently appointed as the deputy commander for U.S. Northern Command, vice commander for North American Aerospace Defense Command at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
Awards[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Senate, United States Congress (April 7, 2012). "Journal of the Executive Proceedings of the Senate of the United States". https://books.google.com/books?id=aXpPAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA317&lpg=PA317&dq=Dumont,+Michael+J.,+Vice+Admiral&source=bl&ots=83HQVW7P8C&sig=ACfU3U2UJZHz2rcZoBOIPqcJORtMjcdWig&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjA1PfHzdXoAhVNMd4KHW-VBoY4FBDoATABegQICRAB#v=onepage&q=Dumont,+Michael+J.,+Vice+Admiral&f=false.
- "Navy.mil Leadership Biographies". https://www.navy.mil/navydata/bios/navybio.asp?bioID=699.
- Lamothe, Dan (5 November 2017). "US plans for ground invasion of North Korea revealed". http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/north-korea-ground-invasion-secure-nuclear-weapons-sites-missiles-icbm-test-bomb-chemical-a8038361.html.
- "VICE ADMIRAL MICHAEL J. DUMONT, USN > U.S. Northern Command > Article View". https://www.northcom.mil/Leadership/Article-View/Article/1681113/vice-admiral-michael-j-dumont-usn/.
- "Flag Officer Announcements". https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/1548507/flag-officer-announcements/.
- "Michael Dumont - Recipient -". http://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/315111.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|