The Military of Seychelles is the Seychelles People's Defence Force which consists of a number of distinct branches: including an Infantry Unit, Coast Guard, Air Force and a Presidential Protection Unit.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Military manpower - availability:
males age 15-49: 23,210 (2002 est.)
Military manpower - fit for military service:
males age 15-49: 11,560 (2002 est.)
Military expenditures - dollar figure: $14.85 million (2005)
Military expenditures - percent of GDP: 2.1% (2005)
Coast Guard[edit | edit source]
The Seychelles Coast Guard is the maritime arm of the Seychelles People's Defence Force.
- 1 42m patrol boat - 268 tons full load - commissioned 1983
- 1 Turya class torpedo boat delivered 1986
- Various other patrol craft.
Air Force[edit | edit source]
The Seychelles Air Force was originally formed in 1978 as the Air Wing and has the following aircraft:
- 1 x De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter
- 1 x Dornier Do 228 donated by India, a further aircraft is due in 2014.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Arms Trade Register". SIPRI. http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/page/trade_register.php. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Military of Seychelles.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|