|Operators:||Islamic Republic of Iran Navy|
|Preceded by:||Alvand class frigate|
|Displacement:||1,500 tonnes |
|Length:||95 m (311.7 ft) |
|Beam:||11.1 m (36.4 ft) |
|Draft:||3.25 m (10.7 ft) |
2 x 10,000 hp engines|
4 x 550 kW diesel generators
|Speed:||30 knots (55.6 km/h) |
4 x Noor or Qader anti-ship missiles
1 x 76 mm Fajr-27 naval gun
1 x 40 mm Fath-40 AAA
2 x 20 mm cannons
4 x Mehrab Missiles reverse engineering of SM-1 SAM or Raad Missiles
2 x triple 324 mm torpedoes
2 x 12.7 mm heavy machine guns
|Aircraft carried:||1 x Bell 214 ASW helicopter|
|Aviation facilities:||Helicopter landing pad|
The Moudge class, alternately spelled Moje class (meaning Wave), is a class of domestically produced Iranian light frigates. It appears to be a development of the Alvand class (British Saam class) design. They are described as Destroyers by the Iranian state media but the size and weight of the ships; 1,500 ton displacement, are more in keeping with that of light frigates. The ships are also referred to as Destroyer Escorts.
The first ship, Jamaran is said to be completed and is stationed in the port of Bandar Abbas. Damavand is the second ship in this class. According to OSGEOINT, the Velayat(Jamaran-2) has been constructed at the Shahid Tamjidi Marine Industries(STMI) fabrication shop off the Caspian sea near at Bandar-e Anzali., it was launched in March 2013 
Ships in the class[edit | edit source]
|Jamaran||76||Bandar Abbas||2010||In service.|
|Damavand||77||Bandar Anzali||2013||Undergoing sea trials.|
|Moudge 3||?||Khoramshahr||?||Under Construction.|
|Moudge 4||?||Bandar Abbas||?||Under Construction.|
|Sahand||?||Bandar Abbas||?||Under Construction.|
|Moudge 6||?||?||?||Under Construction.|
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Jamaran frigate". Defense Industries Organization. http://www.diomil.ir/images/Product/mig/Specifications/sina.jpg.
- "Moudge frigate". Defense Industries Organization. http://www.diomil.ir/images/Product/mig/Specifications/sina.jpg.
- Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting News Network. Iran to launch home made destroyers. October 2, 2002.
- Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA) Destroyer production line inaugurated in Iran (Wave II) February 23, 2007.
- OSGEOINT. The Second Moje Class Frigate at Shahid Tamjidi Marine Industries. January 26, 2012.
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mouge class frigate.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|