|National Intelligence and Security Agency|
|Preceding Governmental||National Security Service|
|Jurisdiction||Federal Government of Somalia|
The National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) is the national intelligence agency of the Federal Republic of Somalia.
NISA was officially established in January 2013 by the new Somali Federal Government in place of the defunct National Security Service (NSS). It is part of a broader effort by the federal authorities to re-establish state institutions.
Headquarted in Mogadishu, NISA is mandated with firming up on security. It is assisted in this capacity by AMISOM. According to the former Minister of State for the Presidency Abdulkadir Moallin Noor, the CIA also provided training to NISA officials during the latter agency's formative stages.
- "Somalia Re-Opens its National Intelligence & Security Agency". 10 January 2013. http://www.waltainfo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6968:somalia-re-opens-its-national-intelligence-a-security-agency&catid=70:international-news&Itemid=309. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "PRESS RELEASE: AU Special Representative reaffirms AMISOM's continued support to the Somali National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA)". African Union. http://www.newvision.co.ug/newvision_cms/newsimages/file/Janat/Press%20releases/AMISOM%20Press%20Release%2007-01-2013.pdf. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "CIA using secret Somalia facility, prison: report". 12 July 2011. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iCxftvYlAlWhXpR95VIPbI40PyKA?docId=CNG.c8ba8f0624a66c8deceb6923cf3cb470.21. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- "Somalia: Mogadishu security operation nets 27 Al Shabaab members". 30 August 2013. http://www.garoweonline.com/artman2/publish/Somalia_27/Somalia_Mogadishu_security_operation_nets_27_Al_Shabaab_members_printer.shtml. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- PRESS RELEASE: AU Special Representative reaffirms AMISOM's continued support to the Somali National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|