Commander, Naval Forces Japan (CNFJ) is the shore authority of the United States Navy for all U.S. naval facilities in Japan. CNFJ headquarters is in Yokosuka, Japan. It is responsible for shore installation management and liaison with the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF). Commander, Naval Forces Japan is a flag billet, currently held by Rear Admiral Terry B. Kraft, USN.
- Task Force 90 (Amphibious Force, Far East)
- Task Force 93 (Naval Forces Philippines)
- Task Force 94 (Naval Forces Marianas)
- Task Force 96 (Naval Forces Japan)
In March, 1952, the geographical boundaries of Naval Forces Far East were changed to exclude the Philippines, Marianas, Bonin and Volcano Islands.
Area of ResponsibilityEdit
CNFJ's area of responsibility extends from the southern tip of the Kamchatka peninsula to the northern tip of Taiwan, as well as the British Territory of Diego Garcia, but excludes the Korean peninsula.
- ↑ Rottman, Gordon L. (December 2002). Korean War Order of Battle: United States, United Nations, and Communist Ground, Naval, and Air Forces, 1950-1953. Publisher: Greenwood Publishing Group, Incorporated. ISBN 978-0-275-97835-8. p.90
- CNFJ official website
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|