1960 (age 59–60)
|Residence||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Tufts University|
|Occupation||CEO of Comcast|
Neil Smit (born 1959) is an American businessman and former U.S. Navy SEAL and is CEO of Comcast Cable Corporation, an American company providing cable, entertainment, and communications products and services.
Early life and educationEdit
Smit earned a Bachelor of Science in Oceanography & Geology from Duke University and a master's degree from Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy. Smit served in the United States Navy, serving for five years as a member of the special operations SEAL force. He retired as a Lieutenant Commander. He is married and has two sons, though he keeps his personal life very private.
Career and other business activitiesEdit
Smit is CEO of Comcast Corporation Cable. His reported annual compensation is $19,856,203, which places him among the top 200 highest paid CEOs in America. Smit joined Comcast in March 2010 from Charter Communications where he served as Chief Executive Officer and Director since 2005. Prior to joining Charter, he was the President of Time Warner’s America Online Access Business, where he oversaw Internet access services, including America Online (AOL), CompuServe and Netscape ISPs. He also served at AOL as Executive Vice President, Member Services, and Chief Operating Officer of MapQuest. Neil also was a regional president with Nabisco and served in a number of management positions at Pillsbury. For five and a half years, Neil served on active duty with the Navy SEAL Teams and retired from the U.S. Navy as a Lieutenant Commander.
Smit serves as the Chairman of CableLabs, the research and development consortium for the cable industry, and as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA). He also serves on the board of directors for C-SPAN.
Smit has remained actively engaged with the veteran community and has led Comcast's commitment to hire at least 10,000 veterans from 2015 - 2017. Additionally, Smit sits on the Executive Committee of The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Board of Trustees. He is also a member of the Board of Visitors for Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University.
- ↑ "Executive Profile | Comcast Corporation | Neil Smit | Customer Intelligence". Boardroom Insiders. June 18, 2015. https://www.boardroominsiders.com/executive-profiles/1187/Comcast-Corporation/Neil-Smit. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- ↑ "Comcast Employment Agreement : Neil Smit". Security & Exchange Commission. November 1, 2011. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1166691/000119312512073905/d262998dex1037.htm. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- ↑ Fernandez, Bob (March 13, 2011). "Executive hopes to stop loses". Philly.com. http://articles.philly.com/2011-03-13/business/28686141_1_cable-subscribers-video-customers-neil-smit.
- ↑ "Neil Smit: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg Business. http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=13397571&ticker=CMCSA. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- ↑ "Neil Smit Executive Compensation". Salary.com. 2014. http://www1.salary.com/Neil-Smit-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-COMCAST-CORP.html.
- ↑ "Equilar 200 Highest-Paid CEO Rankings". Equilar. http://www.equilar.com/publications/51-200-highest-paid-CEO-rankings-2015.html.
- ↑ "Neil Smit". Comcast. http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/leadership-overview/neil-smit. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
- ↑ "Comcast Cable’s Neil Smit to Headline Hiring Heroes Session at CTHRA’s November 3rd Symposium". Cable and Telecommunications Human Resources Association. August 14, 2015. http://www.cthra.com/assets/2015Symposium/neil%20smit%20hiring%20heroes%20august%2014.pdf. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- ↑ "Neil Smit - President and Chief Executive Officer @ Comcast". CrunchBase. https://www.crunchbase.com/person/neil-smit.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|