The New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs is a governmental department of the state of New Jersey. It is composed of the New Jersey Army National Guard as well as the New Jersey Air National Guard. They are administered by the Adjutant General and staff which oversees the activities of the two. This includes the Disasters and Emergency Services Division and Veterans Affairs Division. The department is the official channel of communication between the federal government and the New Jersey state government on military matters.
In case of a state or national emergency, there is a joint federal-state program put in place for the Governor and the President respectively. This program keeps military organizations equipped, trained, and ready to counter such situations. They also cooperate with and manage state and federal agencies in order to provide services for discharged veterans and their families. Leadership
- Adjutant General: Brigadier General Michael L. Cunniff
- Assistant Adjutant General: Major General Maria Falca-Dodson
- Deputy Commissioner VA: Raymond L. Zawacki
Brigadier General Michael L. Cunniff Confirmed as the 31st Adjutant General of New Jersey, March 2012 by the New Jersey Senate, General Cunniff is currently in command of approximately 9000 soldiers and airmen of the New Jersey National Guard.
Major General Maria Falca-Dodson was appointed Assistant Adjutant General of New Jersey in February, 2004 by Major General Rieth. Her direct responsibilities for the army include Army and Air full-time operations, Strength, NJ National Guard Training Center, Ethics, and the Office of Military Affairs. This also includes Public Affairs, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) and Government Relations with conjunction with the Office of Military Affairs.
Raymond L. Zawacki Appointed in May 2010, as Deputy Commissioner for Veterans Affairs. Zawacki administers the Division of Veterans Healthcare Services, Division of Veterans Programs, and the Division of Veterans Services.
- "BRIGADIER GENERAL MICHAEL L. CUNNIFF". Administration: The Adjutant General. State of New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. http://www.state.nj.us/military/admin/tag.html. Retrieved April 5, 2012.
- General Maria Falca-Dodson "Administration.Deputy Adjutant General". State of New Jersey.Department of Military Affairs 2006. 19 Apr. 2007 http://www.state.nj.us/military/admin/dag.html
- "MAJOR GENERAL MARIA A. FALCA-DODSON". National Guard Bureau,. General Officer Management Office, Arlington, Virginia. http://www.ng.mil/ngbgomo/library/bio/495.htm. Retrieved April 5, 2012.
- "Raymond L. Zawacki". Administration: Deputy Commissioner of Veterans Affairs. State of New Jersey Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. http://www.state.nj.us/military/admin/dcva.html. Retrieved April 5, 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|