The October 1995 massacres were carried out by the LTTE, an organization which has been banned in 33 countries including the US, Australia, EU, India and Canada due to its terrorist activities.
These massacres occurred at small villages in the Eastern province of Sri Lanka. These massacres formed part of a series of massacres aimed at driving Sinhalese civilians from the Eastern province of Sri Lanka in the process of ethnic cleansing.
During these massacres, 120 Sinhalese civilians were killed by LTTE cadres. The dead included men, women and children.Many of the victims were hacked to death with swords and axes.
- List of massacres in Sri Lanka
- List of attacks attributed to the LTTE
- List of attacks attributed to Sri Lankan government forces
References and further readingEdit
- Gunaratna, Rohan. (1998). Sri Lanka's Ethnic Crisis and National Security, Colombo: South Asian Network on Conflict Research. ISBN 955-8093-00-9
- Gunaratna, Rohan. (October 1, 1987). War and Peace in Sri Lanka: With a Post-Accord Report From Jaffna, Sri Lanka: Institute of Fundamental Studies. ISBN 955-8093-00-9
- Gunasekara, S.L. (November 4, 2003). The Wages of Sin, ISBN 955-8552-01-1
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|