| This biographical article.
Needs additional citations for verification.
| President - Liberal Democratic Party (Bangladesh)|
Ministry of Communication
Ministry of Power, Energy, & Mineral Resources,
Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Food and Ministry of Water Resources Development,
Ministry of Youth Development
|Born|| 13 March 1939 (age 81)|
Chandanaish, Chittagong, British Empire
|Political party|| Nationalist Party (1980–2006)|
Liberal Democratic Party (2006–present)
|Children|| Anwara Begum|
Ahmad was the first Bengali Military officer to revolt against the Pakistani army on 25 March 1971 before the start of the Bangladesh Liberation War. He was the first officer to be awarded the Bir Bikram for his bravery during that war. He fought under Major Ziaur Rahman in Sector No. 1. Ahmad is highly regarded as one of the key founding members of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP). On 26 October 2006, Ahmad and several other senior leaders of the BNP defected to the Bikolpo Dhara party, and then defected again to form the Liberal Democratic Party.
Books published by Oli Ahmad include:
- Revolution, Military Personnel and the War of Liberation in Bangladesh. Dhaka: Dizzy Publications, 2004.
- Battles That I Fought and Interviews of Liberation War Heroes. Dhaka: Annesha Prokashon, 2009.
- "Statesmen’s Who’s Who" - book published in 1992
- "Asia Pacific Who’s Who" published in 2009 - Vol. IX from New Delhi, India
- ↑ "BNP on 'mission win back'". 13 July 2011. http://www.bdnews24.com/details.php?id=200726&cid=2. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- ↑ Revolution Military Personnel & The War of Liberation in Bangladesh By DR Col. Oli Ahmad Bir Bikram This senior leader quits BNP (Bangladesh's ruling party) alleging corruption, International Herald Tribune, 26 October 2006.
- ↑ Oli form new political party, The Daily New Nation, 27 October 2006.
- http://www.nytimes.com/1993/05/23/world/accord-will-allow-refugees-return-to-bangladesh.html, "Accord Will Allow Refugees' Return to Bangladesh"
- http://www.economist.com/node/8108883, "Campaign of violence"
- http://news.priyo.com/politics/2011/07/31/oli-ahmed-agrees-launching-uni-33238.html, "Oli Ahmed agrees on launching united anti-govt movement with Khaleda"
- http://www.banglanews24.com/English/detailsnews.php?nssl=32e8e6c03f3fa46eb672dc5680bff7da&nttl=2012012922743, "Col Oli Supports BNP's anti-government movement"
- http://www.bdinn.com/news/ugly-faces-of-ruling-party-oli-comes-under-attack/, "Ugly faces of ruling party, Oli comes under attack"
- http://www.banglanews24.com/English/detailsnews.php?nssl=93eb9cfb64391c4ee20ac49e72216fa4&nttl=2012092430942, "Col Oli gets bail in 2 cases"
- http://archive.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=234543, "Off to Jail"
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|