Olive Anderson (1927-2016) was professor of history at Westfield College, University of London. She has been noted for her innovative approach to the writing of military history, which concentrated on the political, administrative, and cultural aspects of conflicts rather than strategy or tactics. In 2017, she featured in a conference, London's Women Historians, held at the Institute of Historical Research.
Selected publications[edit | edit source]
- "The Political uses of History in Mid Nineteenth-Century England", Past & Present, Vol. 36, Issue 1 (April 1967), pp. 87–105. https://doi.org/10.1093/past/36.1.87
- A Liberal State at War: English Politics and Economics during the Crimean War (1967)
- "The Growth of Christian Militarism in mid-Victorian Britain", English Historical Review, 1971.
- Suicide in Victorian and Edwardian England (1987)
References[edit | edit source]
- Harriet Anderson. "Olive Anderson obituary | Education". The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/feb/24/olive-anderson-obituary. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- "Women in the English Historical Review | The English Historical Review | Oxford Academic". Academic.oup.com. 2018-12-10. https://academic.oup.com/ehr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/ehr/cey395/5236990. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- London's Women Historians. Laura Carter & Alana Harris, Institute of Historical Research, 2017. Retrieved 28 September 2019.
- Institution login (2012-08-16). "Olive Anderson, Suicide in Victorian and Edwardian England, Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1987, 8vo, pp. viii, 475, illus., £40.00. | Medical History | Cambridge Core". Cambridge.org. Digital object identifier:10.1017/S0025727300047864. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/medical-history/article/olive-anderson-suicide-in-victorian-and-edwardian-england-oxford-clarendon-press-1987-8vo-pp-viii-475-illus-4000/2DBD5E4970DA14B8ED18128C220BB3D3. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
- Institution login (2014-07-11). "Olive Anderson. Suicide in Victorian and Edwardian England. Oxford and New York: The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press. 1987. Pp. xiii, 475. $84.00. | Albion | Cambridge Core". Cambridge.org. Digital object identifier:10.2307/4050233. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/albion/article/olive-anderson-suicide-in-victorian-and-edwardian-england-oxford-and-new-york-the-clarendon-press-oxford-university-press-1987-pp-xiii-475-8400/2ED59F14740C8D59BB6BB31B3A42A286. Retrieved 2019-09-28.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|