Operation Dawn 9 (Persian: عملیات والفجر 9), also known as "Operation Walfajr-9", was a military operation during Iran-Iraq War, which was launched on 24 February 1986 on the east area of Sulaymaniyah at the front of "northwest", which was performed by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.
The mentioned operation was commenced on 24 o'clock with the code of "Ya Allah" (Persian: یاالله). The goal of "operation dawn-9" was to approach the city of Sulaymaniyah in Iraq, and likewise fighting the gathering of Iraqi forces in Faw. As a consequence of the operation (Dawn-9), more than 2500 soldiers were killed/injured; (1634 casualties for Iraqi army).
As a result of the operation Dawn-9 (Walfajr-9) which was finished on 28 February 1986, Iran's forces captured several areas from Iraqis; The captured places were including: A few border checkpoints from the heights Kana, Sholeh-Kooran, Tange-Soor, MooBara, Makhlan, Kani-Maran, Sarv, heights 1470 and 1489.
- ↑ Operation Dawn 9 ashoora.ir
- ↑ Beginning Operation Dawn 9 in Sulaymaniyah by IRGC todaytime.ir
- ↑ Information base of "Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force"
- ↑ Acquainting with Operation Walfajr-9 iqna.ir
- ↑ Operation Dawn 9 aviny.com
- ↑ Encyclopedia of the culture of Jihad and Martyrdom Sacrifice
- ↑ Specialized database and informing of the "sacred defense" (Defa'eh-Moqaddas)
- ↑ Operation Dawn 9, approaching Sulaymaniah irna.ir
- ↑ Knowing Operation Dawn 9 hamshahrionline.ir
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|