|Order of the Golden Ark|
|Award of the Netherlands|
|Type||Order of Merit|
|Awarded for||Significant contributions to nature conservation|
|Grand Master||King Willem-Alexander|
|Next (higher)||Teutonic Order, Bailiwick of Utrecht|
|Next (lower)||Cross for the Four Day Marches|
Awards of Dutch NGO's
|Ribbon of the order|
The Most Excellent Order of the Golden Ark (Dutch language: Orde van de Gouden Ark ) is a Dutch order of merit established in 1971 by Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands. It is awarded to people for major contributions to nature conservation. Although not awarded by the government of the Netherlands, it is considered by the government as a recognized chivalrous order. Since its inception, over 300 people have been recognised by the award. Now that Prince Bernhard has died, the future of the order is uncertain.
- Tony Fitzjohn
- Jane Goodall
- Roger Tory Peterson
- Zafar Futehally
- Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- Marc van Roosmalen
- Lyall Watson
- Gyanendra of Nepal
- Suman Sahai
- Carl Gustav of Sweden
- Ranjit Bhargava
- Gerald Durrell
- Sir Doktor Russell Betts
- Sylvia Earle
- Ravindra Kumar Sinha
- "Prince Philip: Celebrating Ninety Years". Royal Collection. http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/princephilip/MicroObject.asp?item=6&themeid=1934&object=8890472&row=6&detail=about. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "The Dutch Honours System". lintjes.nl/. Chancellor of the Dutch Orders. http://lintjes.nl/files/brochure%20het%20nederlandse%20decoratiestel%20in%20vijf%20talen.pdf. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "GAWPT: Born Wild". Georgeadamson.org. http://www.georgeadamson.org/bornwild. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Awards & Distinctions". Jane Goodall Institute of Canada. http://www.janegoodall.ca/goodall-awards.php. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Who was who in America : with world notables : Volume XII, 1996-1998.. New Providence, NJ: Marquis Who's Who. 1998. p. 193. ISBN 9780837902296.
- "Featured Scholar". Scholar Rescue Fund. http://www.scholarrescuefund.org/pages/posts/fall-featured-scholar-201025.php?act=print. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Lyall Watson". Davidhigham.co.uk. http://www.davidhigham.co.uk/clients/Lyall_Watson.htm. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- Royal Ark
- "How I made it: Suman Sahai : Aspire". India Today. 2010-04-29. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/How+I+made+it:+Suman+Sahai/1/95201.html. Retrieved 2013-03-29.
- "India Today". India Today. December 14, 1998. http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ranjit-bhargava-awarded-the-order-of-the-golden-ark-by-prince-bernhard-of-the-netherlands/1/265757.html. Retrieved November 14, 2014.
- "Gerald Durrell O.B.E.". Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust. http://www.durrell.org/about/gerald-durrell/gerald-durrell/. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- Awarded October 1995
- Society, National Geographic. "Sylvia Earle, Oceanographer Information, Facts, News, Photos -- National Geographic". http://www.nationalgeographic.com/explorers/bios/sylvia-earle/.
- "'Dolphin Man' from Bihar gets Padma Shri". Times of India. 26 January 2016. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/patna/Dolphin-Man-from-Bihar-gets-Padma-Shri/articleshow/50727382.cms. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|