|Born||June 2, 1921|
|Died||9 February 1999(aged 77)|
|Place of birth||Gadesbünden|
|Place of death||Gadesbünden|
|Years of service||1938–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Oskar Bremermann (2 June 1921 – 9 February 1999) was a highly decorated Feldwebel in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (26 December 1941)
- 1st Class (23 May 1943)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold
- Eastern Front Medal (1 August 1942)
- General Assault Badge (4 April 1943)
- 4 Tank Destruction Badges for Individual Combatants
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 9 May 1945 as Feldwebel and platoon leader in the 6./Grenadier-Regiment 209[Note 1]
- Oskar Bremermann's nomination by the troop was received on 19 April 1945. The Heerespersonalamt (HPA—Army Staff Office) did not create an internal nomination request. The existing file card is not contemporary! This card states: "nominated on 20 April 1945, forwarded by Joachim Domaschk on 28 April yes". The book "Verliehene Ritterkreuze" (Awarded Knight Crosses) states approval by Major Domaschk "Knight's Cross yes". No further evidence of the presentation can be found. According to the Association of Knight's Cross Recipients (AKCR) the award was presented in accordance with the Dönitz-decree. This is illegal according to the Deutsche Dienststelle (WASt) and lacks legal justification. The presentation date was assigned by Walther-Peer Fellgiebel. Bremermann was a member of the AKCR.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 122.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 123.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.