The Palikrowy massacre was a war crime committed by 4th police SS-regiment made up of Ukrainian soldiers of the SS-Galizien who were removed from the SS-Galizien at the time of the massacre and placed under German police command ., Ukrainian SVK ("Self-defence", Ukrainian: Samoobronni Kuszczowi Widdiły) forces and Ukrainian Insurgent Army on Poles in the village of Palikrowy (since 1945 Palykorovy), which took place on 12 March 1944. 385 Poles were executed.
Palikrowy was an ethnically mixed village, with 70% Polish population. In 1944, the population was about 1880, with about 360 houses. Action was coordinated with attack at nearby Pidkamin including the monastery in Pidkamin, where some of inhabitants from Palikrowy were hiding during the ethnic cleansing of Poles in Volhynia.
All the inhabitants of Palikrowy were gathered on a meadow near village. The Ukrainian inhabitants of the village were released. Then the Poles were executed by two heavy machine guns. Only a few wounded people survived. Polish houses were burned down and hiding Polish civilians were murdered, and their property stolen.
- Historiography of the Volyn tragedy
- Massacres of Poles in Volhynia
- Huta Pieniacka massacre
- Chodaczkow Wielki massacre
- Pidkamin massacre
- ↑ Institute of Ukrainian History, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists and the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, Chapter 5, p. 284. Accessed 9 September 2009. Archived 11 September 2009.
- ↑ История городов и сел Украинской ССР (Львовская область) Институт истории Академии Наук УССР, Гл. редкол.: П. Т. Тронько (пред.) и др. – К.: Гл. ред. Укр. сов. энцикл. АН УССР, 1978 p.192-193
- ↑ Grzegorz Motyka, Ukraińska Partyzantka 1942-1960, Warszawa 2006
- ↑ Grzegorz Hryciuk, Przemiany narodowościowe i ludnościowe w Galicji Wschodniej i na Wołyniu w latach 1931-1948, Wydawnictwo Adam Marszałek, 2005
- Grzegorz Motyka, Ukraińska Partyzantka 1942-1960, Warszawa 2006
- Per Anders Rudling, They Defended Ukraine’: The 14. Waffen-Grenadier-Division der SS (Galizische Nr. 1) Revisited, The Journal of Slavic Military Studies, 25:3, 329-368 online version
- W. Siemaszko, E. Siemaszko, Ludobójstwo dokonane przez nacjonalistów ukraińskich na ludności polskiej Wołynia 1939–1945, t. II, Von Borowiecky, Warszawa 2000
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|