|Type||Rocket artillery – Multiple rocket launcher|
|Place of origin||Argentina|
|In service||since 1980s|
|Used by||Argentine Army|
|Rate of fire||16 rockets in 7.5 secs|
|Maximum range||10.200 m|
The SLAM (Sistema de LAanzadores Múltiples – Multiple Launcher System) Pampero is an Argentinian multiple rocket launcher (a type of rocket artillery) from Cold War and modern eras. It is usually mounted on the chassis of an all-terrain Unimog 4x4 vehicle to provide mobility, in a similar way to the soviet Katyushas.
The self-propelled variant is currently in service with the Argentine Army artillery branch. It is now being replaced with the new CP30 MRL, which is able to use either the 105mm rockets from the Pampero or the new 127mm rockets, also called CP30.
- Surface-Surface: self-propelled 16-tube MRL, mounted on top of a Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416 chassis.
- Air-Surface: 4 or 6-tube pod.
- Caliber: 105 millimetres (4.1 in)
- Length: 1,530 millimetres (5.02 ft)
- Motor: Solid-fuel rocket
- Weight: 30 kilograms (66 lb)
- Maximum range: 10,200 metres (6.3 mi)
- Dispersion: 68% of projectiles within an area of 300 m by 200 m
- Types: Rocket Types: HE, HE-I (HE-Incendiary), Inert (for training).
- Weight: 10.5 kilograms (23 lb)
(NOTE: some specifications differ slightly from source to source)
- Entered service: 1980s (Argentine Army)
- First used in action: ?
- Chassis: Mercedes-Benz Unimog 416 4x4 truck
- Crew: ?
- Weight loaded: 6110 kg
- Length: ? m (? Ft ?? in)
- Width: ? m
- Height (stowed): ? m
- Height (max elevation): ? m
- Max road speed: ? km/h
- Cruise range: ? km
- Engine: ?
- Transmission: ?
- Number of tubes: 16
- Launch Rate: 16 rockets in 7.5 seconds
- Reload time: 10 minutes
- Loader Type: Manual
- Launcher Drive: Electric
- Launcher Traverse: 90°
- Launcher Elevation: 0 to +52°
- Average unit cost: ?
- Argentine Army
- Artillery rockets, in "List of artillery"
- Argentina, in "List of artillery by country"
- Multiple rocket launcher
- Foss, Christopher F. (July 2004, 25th edition). Jane's Armour & Artillery, 2004-2005. Jane's Information Group. ISBN 0-7106-2616-9.
- Information from the websites detailed in the "External Links" section.
- (Spanish) Official Argentine Army website - Artillery Branch, field artillery equipment webpage (specifications and picture).
- (Spanish) Official website of the Argentine Army 3rd Artillery Group (page with picture and basic specifications)
- Official CITEFA website (Air-Surface version pictures with some specifications)
- Unofficial website (providing Description, Pictures and Specifications)
- (Spanish) Unofficial website (with organization and equipment of the Argentine Army, including details on the “Pampero”)
- Unofficial website (providing Specifications (with some differences))
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|