|Model corvette project 22800 at the «Army 2016» 2.jpg|
|Type||Ship-based CIWS/Missile launcher|
|Place of origin||Russian Federation|
|Hermes-K missiles and 57E6-E missiles|
|Two 30×165mm AO-18KD|
Pantsir-M is a Russian jamming-resistant naval close-in weapon system (CIWS) under development. Pantsir-M is equipped with friend or foe identification system and armed with naval version of the Pantsir's 57E6-E missiles and Hermes-K missiles. Its secondary armament are two six-barreled 30×165mm AO-18KD rotary cannons (range 5 km). Same as on Kashtan-M. Pantsir-M is fully automated and can engage up to four targets simultaneously at a range of up to 20 km and can operate as a battery of up to four modules. Pantsir-M can intercept sea skimming missiles flying as low as two meters above the surface. If a target isn't sufficiently destroyed by Pantsir's missile attack it can automatically direct its cannons against it. Pantsir-M's phased array radar, electro-optical/infrared targeting and identification system are based on that of Pantsir's 1RS2-1E.
Parameters[edit | edit source]
- Range: 20 km
- Altitude: 15 km
- Reaction time: 3–5 s
- Rate of fire: 10000 rounds per minute
Versions[edit | edit source]
- Pantsir-M: domestic version
- Pantsir-ME: export version
Users[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Rogoway, Tyler. "Russia To Begin Testing Its Fearsome New "Pantsir-ME" Naval Close-In Defense System". http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/17233/russia-to-begin-testing-its-fearsome-new-pantsir-me-naval-close-in-defensive-system. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "IMDS 2017: Rostec unveils Pantsir-ME naval weapon, adds details on the system – Jane's 360". http://www.janes.com/article/71959/imds-2017-rostec-unveils-pantsir-me-naval-weapon-adds-details-on-the-system. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Pantsir-ME – Deadly Russian CIWS Goes to Sea". https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2018/01/31/pantsir-me-deadly-russian-ciws-goes-sea.html. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
- "Rostec launches new Pantsir-ME missile to protect ships against air threats". Naval Technology. 2 July 2017. https://www.naval-technology.com/news/newsrostec-launches-new-pantsir-me-weapon-system-to-protect-ships-from-air-threats-5857494/. Retrieved 30 March 2018.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|