|Parachute Training School|
|Part of||SSG Division|
The Parachute Training School (PTS) is Pakistan Army's training formation imparting basic and advance airborne skills to all ranks. PTS located at Peshawar was established in 1964 with the help of US Army's 10th Special Forces Group as a wing and was later raised as a school on 22 March 1981.
Courses[edit | edit source]
It conducts five parachuting courses:
- Basic Airborne Course
- Jumpmaster and Airborne Operation Course
- High Altitude and Low Opening Course
- Pathfinder Course
- Parachute Packing and Maintenance Course
Aircraft used in Training[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Singh, RSN (2009). The Military Factor in Pakistan. Lancer Publishers. pp. 398. ISBN 978-0-9815378-9-4. http://books.google.com.pk/books?id=wCm2DFZblOYC&q=Parachute+School#v=snippet&q=Parachute%20School&f=false.
- Singh, RSN (2008). Asian Strategic and Military Perspective. Lancer Publishers. pp. 264. ISBN 978-81-7062-245-1. http://books.google.com.pk/books?ei=tUxkT-2NNce5hAf76-mcCA&id=LVjhy7I2lDAC&dq=Asian+strategic+and+military+perspective&q=Parachute+School#v=snippet&q=Parachute%20School&f=false.
- Conboy, Kenneth (1992). Elite Forces of India and Pakistan. Osprey Publishing. ISBN 978-1-85532-209-7. http://books.google.com.pk/books?id=lDbr84VIClUC&pg=PA32&lpg=PA32&dq=Pakistan+Army+Para+School&source=bl&ots=nkfe7YO8TQ&sig=o9sSdJuwhs_qCWDaGpHYKmXYiSQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iSVXT8TBAeiq0QXX6t3sDQ&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Pakistan%20Army%20Para%20School&f=false.
- "Parachute Training School". Pakistan Army Training Institution. Pakistan Army. http://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent.aspx?pId=280&rnd=487. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|