Brigadier Nanson in 2014
|Place of birth||Ormskirk, Lancashire, England|
|Years of service||1986 – present|
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (2015–)|
7th Armoured Brigade (2011–13)
1st Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (2006–08)
War in Afghanistan
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Major General Paul Anthony Edward Nanson CBE (born 1966) is a British Army officer who serves as Commandant of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst.
Early life and educationEdit
Nanson was commissioned into the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers in January 1986. He became commanding officer of the 1st Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers in 2006 and was deployed to Iraq. He went on to be chief of staff for 1st (United Kingdom) Armoured Division in Germany in 2008, commander of the 7th Armoured Brigade in March 2011 and Director (Army) at the Joint Services Command and Staff College in April 2014. After that he became Commandant of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in September 2015.
Honours and decorationsEdit
- ↑ 'NANSON, Maj. Gen. Paul Anthony Edward', Who's Who 2017, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2017; online edn, Oxford University Press, 2016 ; online edn, Nov 2016 accessed 21 June 2017
- ↑ "Paul Nanson (1983 Leaver) – From CCF to the Desert Rats". Merchant Taylors School. http://www.merchanttaylors.com/merchant-taylors-connected/paul-nanson:-from-ccf-to-the-desert-rats.....html. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Fusilier Association". http://www.fusiliers-association.co.uk/Lancashire/lancashire.htm. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- ↑ "Ministry of Defence Senior Posts". http://www.gulabin.com/armynavy/pdf/Ministry%20of%20Defence%20Senior%20Posts.pdf. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- ↑ "Army Commands". http://www.gulabin.com/armynavy/pdf/Army%20Commands%201860-.pdf. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Paul Nanson.|
|Commandant of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst|
David J. Paterson
|Colonel of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|