|Paul W. Newgarden|
Major General Paul W. Newgarden
|Born||24 February 1892|
|Died||14 July 1944(aged 52)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Major General Paul Woolever Newgarden (24 February 1892 - 14 July 1944) was an American general during World War II. Prior to his death he commanded the 10th Armored Division (United States). The 10th Armored Division "Tigers” played a key role in several engagements during World War II. While Major General William H. H. Morris took the "Tigers" into battle, Newgarden was the first to command and train them. Newgarden died in a plane crash over Chattanooga, Tennessee while returning to Fort Knox.
1936 - 1940 Assistant Chief of Staff (G-3), VI Corps
1941 - 1942 Commanding Officer 41st Armored Infantry Regiment
1942 - 1942 Commanding Officer Combat Command A, 2nd Armored Division
1942 - 1944 Commanding General 10th Armored Division
1. Impact: The Battle Story of the 10th Armored Division (2000). "Impact: The Battle Story of the 10th Armored Division" (Book/Hardcover). The Battery Press, Inc.; 2 edition (2000). ISBN 978-0-89839-303-3.
2. Index to the General Orders of the 10th Armored Division in World War II (2004). "Index to the General Orders of the 10th Armored Division in World War II" (Book/Hardcover). D-Day Militaria (January 2004). ISBN 978-1-932891-49-2.
3. Tenth Armored "Tiger" Division (1989). "Tenth Armored "Tiger" Division" (Book/Hardcover). Turner Pub Co (March 1989). ISBN 978-0-938021-27-8.
4 10th Armored Division web page 
-  Tiger Division.com
-  419th.com
-  Old Tiger Cub.com
-  10th Armored West.com
-  World War II Silver Star Recipients
-  United States Memorial Holocaust Museum
-  history.army.mil (10th AD)
-  Battle of the Bulge on the Web
-  Lone Sentry.com
-  Center of Military History
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|