|Born||9 April 1909|
|Died||19 September 1943(age 76)|
|Place of birth||Hohenhausen|
|Place of death||Orsha, Belarus|
|Years of service||?–1943|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Paul Strobel (9 April 1909 – 19 September 1943) was a highly decorated Hauptmann in the Luftwaffe during World War II, and a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Paul Strobel was killed on 19 September 1943 over Orsha, Belarus. He was posthumously awarded the Knight's Cross on 26 March 1944.
Awards and decorationsEdit
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe
- in Bronze (15 June 1941)
- in Silver (?)
- in Gold (4 June 1942)
- in Gold with Pennant (15 October 1942)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (22 November 1939)
- 1st Class (8 July 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (4 February 1942)
- in Silver (11 September 1943)
- Eastern Front Medal (3 June 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (4 May 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 26 March 1944 as Hauptmann and Staffelkapitän of the 7./Kampfgeschwader 4 "General Wever"
- ↑ Fellgiebel 2000, p. 337.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.