| RAF Desford|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Airport type||Royal Air Force station|
|Operator|| Royal Flying Corps|
Royal Air Force
|Elevation AMSL||387 ft / 118 m|
Royal Air Force Station Desford or RAF Desford is a former Royal Air Force station located 1.0 mile (1.6 km) south of Desford, Leicestershire and 6.7 miles (10.8 km) south west of Leicester, Leicestershire, England.
- No. 3 Air Observers Navigation School.
- No. 3 Civil Air Navigation School.
- No. 5 Basic Flying Training School.
- No. 7 Elementary & Refresher Flying Training School.
- No. 7 Elementary Flying Training School.
- No. 7 Reserve Flying School.
- No. 9 Maintenance Unit RAF.
- No. 664 Squadron RAF was reformed at the airfield on 1 September 1949 with no aircraft. The squadron moved to RAF Hucknall on 17 January 1953.
- No. 1969 (Reserve AOP) Flight.
- Leicester Aero Club.
The site is currently used by Caterpillar Inc. as a 1.8 million square foot logistics depot.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 "Desford (Leicester) (Peckleton)". Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust. http://www.abct.org.uk/airfields/desford-leicester-peckleton. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- ↑ Jefford 1988, p. 104.
- ↑ "Caterpillar Logistics in United Kingdom Managing Waste as a Resource". Caterpillar Inc.. http://www.caterpillar.com/cda/layout?x=7&m=389975&id=2829420. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Jefford, C.G, MBE,BA ,RAF (Retd). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RAF Desford.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|