Coordinates: RAF Rhoose is a former Royal Air Force (RAF) airfield located near Cardiff, Wales.
It opened on 7 April 1942 as an RAF training base for Supermarine Spitfire pilots.
Other units included:
- No. 7 Air Gunnery School
- No. 59 Maintenance Unit RAF
- No. 65 EGS[Clarification needed]
- No. 65 Gliding School
- Cardiff International Airport, which now occupies the site
- RAF St. Athan, a separate but close-by RAF station
- ↑ "Rhoose (Cardiff) (Glamorgan) (Wales)". Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust. http://www.abct.org.uk/airfields/rhoose-cardiff-glamorgan-wales. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.