|An Airfield Building|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Owner||Ministry of Defence|
|Operator||Royal Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||39 ft / 12 m|
Royal Air Force Station Strubby or more simply RAF Strubby is a former Royal Air Force station located 2.9 miles (4.7 km) north of Alford, Lincolnshire and 8.6 miles (13.8 km) south east of Louth, Lincolnshire, England.
History[edit | edit source]
- No. 144 Squadron RAF.
- No. 227 Squadron RAF.
- No. 280 Squadron RAF.
- No. 404 Squadron RCAF.
- No. 619 Squadron RAF.
- No. 381 Maintenance Unit RAF (MU).
- No. 382 MU.
- No. 383 MU.
- No. 384 MU.
- Empire Air Armament School.
- RAF College of Air Warfare.
- RAF Flying College.
- 5 Group Anti-Aircraft School.
- 12 GCA Unit.
Squadrons[edit | edit source]
|No. 144 Squadron RAF||Bristol Beaufighter X||1 July 1944||3 September 1944||RAF Banff|||
|No. 227 Squadron RAF||Avro Lancaster I and III||5 April 1945||8 June 1945||RAF Graveley|||
|No. 280 Squadron RAF||Vickers Warwick I||1 May 1944||6 September 1944||RAF Langham||Detachment at RAF Thornaby.|
|No. 404 Squadron RCAF||Beaufighter X||1 July 1944||3 September 1944||RAF Davidstow Moor||Detachment at RAF Davidstow Moor.|
|No. 619 Squadron RAF||Lancaster I and III||28 September 1944||1 July 1945||RAF Skellingthorpe|||
Current use[edit | edit source]
Woodthorpe Hall Caravan and Leisure Park currently occupies a small section of technical site.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
Citations[edit | edit source]
- Jefford 1988, p. 61.
- Jefford 1988, p. 74.
- Jefford 1988, p. 83.
- Jefford 1988, p. 89.
- Jefford 1988, p. 101.
- "Strubby". Airfields of Britain Conservation Trust. http://www.abct.org.uk/airfields/strubby. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "RAF Strubby". RAF-Lincolnshire.info. http://www.raf-lincolnshire.info/strubby/strubby.htm. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Welcome to Woodthorpe Hall Caravan and Leisure Park". Woodthorpe Hall Caravan and Leisure Park. http://www.woodthorpehallleisure.co.uk/garden.php. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Jefford, C.G, MBE,BA ,RAF (Retd). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to RAF Strubby.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|