|Type||Anti-ship cruise missile|
Raad is an Iranian heavy anti-ship missile with the range of 360 km. Although the missile resembles Chinese HY-2, it has significant differences. It uses the Iranian Toloue-4 turbojet engine and the DM-3B mono pulse radar used in Noor.
Two air intakes are situated at the sides of the missile and one in the bottom. It is launched from shore-based TELs and ships, although no Iranian ship is reported to use the missile. Development finished in 2004 and the missile was tested in Blow of Zolfaqar naval wargames in 2006. The missile is said to be under production.
- Military of Iran
- Iranian military industry
- Iran's missile forces
- Current Equipment of the Iranian Army
- "Iranian Military Conducts Offensive, Defensive Wargame at the Straits of Hormoz". Defense-update.com. http://defense-update.com/newscast/0410/news/great_prophet_5_22042010.html. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "Iran: Missile/Rocket Arsenal (updated)". Above Top Secret. 5 April 2006. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread202148/pg1/. [better source needed]
- "Iran Missile Milestones: 1985-2013". Iran Watch. 2013-07-10. http://www.iranwatch.org/our-publications/weapon-program-background-report/iran-missile-milestones-1985-2013. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
- "Iranian Military Capability 2011 - Ground Forces - March 15th 2011". Scribd.com. 2011-03-15. http://www.scribd.com/doc/50826129/Iranian-Military-Capability-2011-Ground-Forces-March-15th-2011. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "Iran Tests Sub to Surface Missile From Persian Gulf". Noblesse Oblige. 2006-08-27. http://noblesseoblige.org/2006/08/27/iran-tests-sub-to-surface-missile/. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
|group2 = Other |list2 =
|below = Category }}
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|