|Raja Mohamed Affandi |
راج محمد اففند
|19th Chief of Defence Forces (Malaysia)|Chief of Defence Forces|
16 December 2016 – 19 June 2018
|Minister of Defence|
|Preceded by||Zulkifeli Mohd Zin|
|Succeeded by||Zulkifli Zainal Abidin|
|25th Chief of Army (Malaysia)|Chief of Army|
15 June 2013 – 16 December 2016
|Preceded by||Zulkifli Zainal Abidin|
|Succeeded by||Zulkiple Kassim|
|Born||Raja Mohamed Affandi bin Raja Mohamed Noor|
20 June 1957 (age 64)
|Spouse(s)||Norlida Abdul Mubin|
|Occupation||Senior military officer|
Yang di-Pertuan Agong
|Years of service||1977–2018|
|Unit||Royal Malay Regiment|
|Battles/wars||Second Malayan Emergency|
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the Defender of the Realm (PMN)|
Raja Mohamed Affandi bin Raja Mohamed Noor (Jawi: راج محمد اففند راج محمد نور; born 20 June 1957 in Besut) is a Malaysian senior military officer, former Chief of Army and Chief of Defence Force.
Early life and education
Raja Mohamed Affandi was born into a descendant of royal families (hence prefix Yang Mulia ('His Highness') instead of Yang Berbahagia ('The Honorable')) on 20 June 1957, at Kampung Raja, Besut, Terengganu.
He received his primary education at Sekolah Kg Raja, Besut, and secondary education at Sekolah Menengah Sultan Ismail. He later attends Pre-Officer Cadet Training Unit (Pre-OCTU) at Sebatang Karah Camp, Port Dickson before continues his training as Cadet Officer at Royal Military College, Sungai Besi. He was commissioned as Second Lieutenant (Malay language: Leftenan Muda) on 11 May 1977 and assigned to the Royal Malay Regiment.
He continues his study while he is still in the service. He obtains Master in Defence Studies from University of New South Wales and Master of Science in Defence and Strategic Studies from Quaid-i-Azam University.
General Tan Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi was directly involved in Second Malayan Emergency during his early days as an army officer. He has led his unit as Platoon Commander and later as Company Commander fighting with communist insurgents. He then proceeded his military career as Aide-de-camp to Deputy Chief of Army, Lead Instructor at Army Basic Training Centre (Malay language: Pusat Latihan Asas Tentera Darat — PUSASDA), Commander of 18th Battalion, Royal Malay Regiment (18 RAMD), Staff Officer 1 at National Operations Council (now National Security Council), Administration Staff Officer 1 at Army Human Resources Branch, Chief-of-staff at 3rd Division Headquarter, Assistant Chief-of-staff at Army Planning and Development and Commander of 2nd Division.
He was promoted to Lieutenant General on 2 June 2008 and entrusted to hold Army Field Commander (Malay language: Panglima Medan Tentera Darat) position. On 31 October 2009, he was assigned to Chief-of-staff of Malaysian Armed Forces (Malay language: Ketua Staf Angkatan Tentera Malaysia) post. He then promoted to rank General on 15 June 2013, and in the same time promoted to Chief of Army (Malay language: Panglima Tentera Darat — PTD) position.
With his vast experience in the military and administration, he then promoted to the 19th Chief of Defence Forces on 16 December 2016, replacing General Zulkifeli Mohd Zain who has retired from the Armed Forces.
Retirement from Armed Forces
Raja Mohamed Affandi retired from armed forces on 20 June 2018. His position as Chief of Defence Forces is succeeded by General Tan Sri Zulkifli Zainal Abidin.
Honours of Malaysia
- Malaysia : Officer of the Order of the Defender of the Realm (K.M.N.) (2002)
- Malaysia : Companion of the Order of Loyalty to the Crown of Malaysia (J.S.M.) (2006)
- Malaysia : Commander of the Order of Meritorious Service (P.J.N.) (2009)
- Malaysia : Commander of the Order of Loyalty to the Crown of Malaysia (P.S.M.) (2014)
- Malaysia : Commander of the Order of the Defender of the Realm (P.M.N.) (2017)
Among of the federal, states and military awards that been bestowed to General Tan Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi including PGAT PMN PSM PJN SSAP SPMT SPMP SPMS SPTS SPMK SPKK DPPN DCSM PSAT DGMK DSDK DSAP DMPN PAT JSM SMZ KAT KMN PNBB.
- - The Most Exalted Order of Famous Valour 1st Cl - Darjah Paduka Keberanian Laila Terbilang Yang Amat Gemilang Darjah Pertama - (DPKT) which carries the title Dato Paduka Seri (15 July 2017).
General Tan Sri Dato' Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi is married to Puan Sri Datin Sri Norlida binti Hj Abdul Mubin and together were blessed with 3 daughters and one son.
- "Profil Panglima Angkatan Tentera" (in ms-my). 6 October 2017. http://www.mafhq.mil.my/index.php/my/94-panglima-tertinggi/181-profil-pat.
- Md. Yusof, Mohd. Azraie (22 June 2016). "Raja Mohamed Affandi Panglima ATM baharu" (in Ms). Utusan Malaysia. http://www.utusan.com.my/berita/nasional/raja-mohamed-affandi-panglima-atm-baharu-1.345717.
- Saat, Abdullah Sidek (22 April 2012). "Sejarah Negara Besut" (in Ms). http://diniahfalahiah.blogspot.my/2012/04/sejarah-negara-besut.html.
- "Majlis Serah Terima Tugas Panglima Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (PAT), Antara YM Jen Tan Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi Raja Mohamed Noor dan Jen Tan Sri Dato' Seri Zulkifli Zainal Abidin" (in Ms). Ministry of Defence Malaysia. 20 June 2018. http://www.mod.gov.my/ms/berita/1298-majlis-serah-terima-tugas-panglima-angkatan-tentera-malaysia-pat-antara-ym-jen-tan-sri-raja-mohamed-affandi-raja-mohamed-noor-dan-jen-tan-sri-dato-sri-zulkifli-zainal-abidin.html.
- "Semakan Penerima Darjah Kebesaran, Bintang dan Pingat". http://www.istiadat.gov.my/index.php/component/semakanlantikanskp/.
- "Brunei 35 honoured with state decorations, titles". 17 July 2017. http://asianews.eu/content/brunei-35-honoured-state-decorations-titles-50812.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|