|Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Memorial Affairs|
|Assumed office |
December 12, 2017
Little Rock, Mississippi
Randy C. Reeves is a United States Air Force and United States Navy veteran and government official who currently serves as the Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Memorial Affairs. He served in the military for 27 years and is a veteran of Operation Desert Storm, Operation Iraqi Freedom, and Operation Enduring Freedom. Prior to assuming his current role, he was the executive director of the Mississippi Veterans Affairs Board and president of the National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs.
Education and military service
Reeves was born in 1962 in Little Rock, Mississippi. He is a 1980 graduate of Beulah Hubbard High School. After high school, he joined the United States Air Force, serving as an airman from 1980 to 1988. He subsequently served as an officer in the United States Navy, serving as a surface warfare officer until retiring as a commander in August 2008. Reeves served during the Gulf War and in military operations in Kosovo, Haiti, and Lebanon. He earned an associate degree from the Maxwell Air Force Base Community College, a B.S. in management from Peru State College, and a master's degree in health science from Touro University. Reeves is a graduate of the senior executive program at Harvard University.
In January 2009, Reeves became the first director of the Mississippi Veterans Memorial Cemetery. Later that same year, he was appointed deputy director of the Mississippi Veterans Affairs Board (VAB). In January 2012, Reeves became the executive director of VAB. In October 2015, he was named to a three-year term on the Veterans Rural Health Advisory Committee. Reeves was elected president of the National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs in August 2016.
On September 2, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Reeves to become the next Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Memorial Affairs. The nomination was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on November 8, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Randy Reeves.|
- "Senate Resolution 25". 2008. http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2008/html/SR/SR0025IN.htm. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- "Statement of Randy C. Reeves". October 4, 2017. https://www.veterans.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/R%20Reeves%20Testimony%2010.04.2017.pdf. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- "PN984 — Randy Reeves — Department of Veterans Affairs". November 8, 2017. https://www.congress.gov/nomination/115th-congress/984. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
- Bewig, Matt (October 29, 2017). "Director of the National Cemetery Administration: Who Is Randy Reeves?". AllGov. http://www.allgov.com/news/top-stories/director-of-the-national-cemetery-administration-who-is-randy-reeves-171009?news=860328. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts". The White House. September 2, 2017. https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/09/02/president-donald-j-trump-announces-intent-nominate-personnel-key. Retrieved October 10, 2017.
- "Veterans Affairs director named to national post". The Meridian Star. September 2, 2016. http://www.meridianstar.com/news/local_news/veterans-affairs-director-named-to-national-post/article_486e6300-63e9-53f2-8807-1b5910693e1b.html. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Aldridge, Donesha (September 5, 2017). "Trump to nominate Mississippi State Veterans Affairs Board director to his administration". WJTV. http://wjtv.com/2017/09/05/trump-to-nominate-mississippi-state-veterans-affairs-board-director-to-his-administration/. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|