|Founded||1 May 2010|
|Headquarters||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Group:|
Ben Hudson (Chairman of the Executive Board); Michael Wittlinger (Member of the Executive Board)
MAN Truck & Bus AG:
Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GmbH, or RMMV, is a joint venture company between German companies MAN Truck & Bus AG and Rheinmetall AG. RMMV is part of Rheinmetall's Vehicle Systems Division. Rheinmetall AG holds a 51% stake in RMMV, with the remaining 49% held by MAN Truck & Bus. RMMV is a provider to security and armed forces of a wide range of armoured and unarmoured transport, command and role-specific wheeled vehicles.
In 2009 the then MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG (now MAN Truck & Bus AG) and Rheinmetall AG announced their respective intentions to form a joint wheeled military vehicles company. The alliance became a legal reality in May 2010. RMMV is essentially the merger of Rheinmetall's wheeled military vehicle activities with those of the military truck activities of MAN. The aim of this merger was to combine the complementary technological core competencies of MAN's automotive expertise in commercial-vehicle manufacture with Rheinmetall's technological know-how in the military land sector/systems field. The result of this merger was the creation of a single-source provider for a wide range of armoured and unarmoured transport, command and role-specific wheeled vehicles. As a first step, the development and sales activities of both companies was transferred to RMMV effective 1 May 2010. The first public appearance of the RMMV was at IDEB 2010 in Bratislava. In October 2010, Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles agreed to cooperate with driveline specialist Timoney Technology. The first example of this partnership is the Wisent.
In a second contractually agreed step, by the end of 2011 the relevant production facilities of the partner companies were to be integrated into the joint venture structure, though they were remain at their present locations in Kassel, Germany (Rheinmetall) and Vienna, Austria (MAN). During the first phase, RMMV had approximately 370 employees. Following completion of the second phase, the company’s staff steadily increased to its current level of around 1,800. RMMV's headquarters is in Munich. Current subsidiary companies are Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Österreich GesmbH, Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Australia and Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Nederland. From January 2016 RMMV has operated as part of the wider Rheinmetall Vehicle Systems. From 2016 Rheinmetall Defence (the defence arm of the Rheinmetall Group) has operated as three divisions; Vehicle Systems; Electronic Solutions; and Weapons and Ammunition.
Products (current portfolio)
- Boxer multirole wheeled (8x8) armoured vehicle
- TPz (Transportpanzer) Fuchs ("Fox") (6x6) armoured personnel carrier (APC)
- Survivor R medium weight multirole wheeled (4x4) vehicle (TG truck based).
- Armoured Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV), a light (4x4) multirole armoured vehicle
- YAK multirole wheeled (6x6) armoured vehicle
- HX range of tactical trucks
- SX range of tactical trucks
- TG MIL range of militarized commercial trucks
- Armoured tracked vehicles such as the Lynx infantry fighting vehicle and Leopard main battle tank are products of Rheinmetall's Vehicle Systems Division (VSD) portfolio, but as tracked platforms are not part of the RMMV joint venture.
- LX and FX ranges of tactical trucks (replaced by HX)
- KAT 1 range of tactical trucks (replaced by SX)
- MAN/Steyr/OAF brand militarised L2000, M2000, TGL, TGM, TGA commercial trucks (replaced by TG-MIL)
- LIV (SO) Serval light vehicle
- Condor a light armoured (4x4) vehicle
- TM-170 a light armoured (4x4) vehicle
- Wisent multirole wheeled (8x8) armoured truck
- Gavial light (4x4) protected vehicle
- Gefas Protected Vehicle System (4x4)(Geschütztes Fahrzeug System) Prototype only
- "Rheinmetall World Defence Industry". Jane's World Defence Industry. 2017-03-02. https://janes.ihs.com/Janes/Display/1319360. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "MAN/RMMV HX tactical range of trucks". IHS Jane's Shaun C Connors & Christopher F Foss. 2017-03-10. https://janes.ihs.com/CustomPages/Janes/DisplayPage.aspx?DocType=Reference&ItemId=+++1495244&Pubabbrev=JLSU. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
- "Medzinárodný Veľtrh Obrannej Techniky Bratislava". ideb.sk. http://www.ideb.sk/. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "defence.professionals". defpro.com. http://www.defpro.com/news/details/18772/. Retrieved 17 October 2010.
- "RMMV". RMMV. https://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/en/rheinmetall_defence/company/divisions_and_subsidiaries/rheinmetall_man_military_vehicles/. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "MAN Nutzfahrzeuge and Rheinmetall form joint company for wheeled military vehicles". militarytrucks.man-mn.com. 12 January 2010. http://www.militarytrucks.man-mn.com/en/PressMedia/Press_releases/show_press.jsp?id=207586. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- AD HOC NEWS. "MAN: Gründung von Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GmbH wirksam geworden". ad-hoc-news.de. http://www.ad-hoc-news.de/man-gruendung-von-rheinmetall-man-military-vehicles-gmbh--/de/News/21264858. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- "RMMV". RMMV. https://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/en/rheinmetall_defence/company/divisions_and_subsidiaries/rheinmetall_rmmv_australia_1/index.php. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- "RMMV". RMMV. https://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/en/rheinmetall_defence/company/divisions_and_subsidiaries/rheinmetall_nederland/index.php. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- Oliver Hoffmann (Rheinmetall AG) (3 May 2010). "Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GmbH (RMMV) – Closing nach Kartellfreigabe erfolgt". rheinmetall.de. http://www.rheinmetall.de/index.php?fid=2217&qid=&qpage=0&lang=2&query=Rheinmetall%20MAN. Retrieved 22 July 2010.
- Boxer CRV Land 400
- product portfolio - official
- Overview of HX range by Shaun Connors (Jane's) talking to RMMV's Dr Florian Riesch
- HX 10x10 & 8x8 - official
- Official website of the MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG Military Division
- Official website of the Rheinmetall AG Corporate Sector Defence
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles.|