Frank graduated from the University of Missouri in 1969, after which he served four years in the United States Army. During the Vietnam War, he served a tour of duty as a platoon leader in the 101st Airborne Division. In 1976, he graduated from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Guadalcanal: The Definitive Account of the Landmark Battle (1990) Reprinted in 1992. ISBN
0140165614 OCLC 25221918
- Downfall: The End of the Imperial Japanese Empire (1999) ISBN 067941424X OCLC 40783799 Reprinted in 2001. ISBN 9780141001463 OCLC 717932644
- MacArthur (2007) ISBN 9781403976581 OCLC 126872347
- "No Bomb, No End", in What If? 2 (2001)
- "Why Truman Dropped the Bomb", The Weekly Standard, (August 8, 2005): p. 20.
- "George Polk's Real World War II Record", "The Weekly Standard", (February 26, 2007)
- MILITARY HISTORIAN WINS 2000 TRUMAN BOOK AWARD Harry S. Truman Library
- 2013 Panel discussion on the 132nd Infantry Regiment at Guadalcanal which included Richard B. Frank at the Pritzker Military Library
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|