| This biographical article.
Needs additional citations for verification.
|Richard "Mack" Machowicz|
Machowicz in August 2010
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1984–1995|
TV show host
Richard "Mack" Machowicz, a former Navy SEAL, was the host of the Discovery Channel and Military Channel show Future Weapons. According to the program's introduction, he spent ten years as a U.S. Navy SEAL and now searches for new weapons and military technologies used in modern warfare. He was the newest member on Spike's show, Deadliest Warrior.
According to his biography on the Discovery Channel's site, "he participated in numerous tactical operations with SEAL Team ONE and TWO. While operating at SEAL Team TWO, he was a Naval Special Warfare Scout/Sniper, as well as being attached to the training cadre as the Leading Petty Officer of Land, Mountain and Arctic Warfare." He also has practiced Muay Thai, Jeet Kune Do, Kickboxing, Aikido, Jujutsu, Savate, Arnis, and Karate for more than twenty years, having received multiple black belts. He was a certified instructor in the Naval Special Warfare Combat Fighting Instructor Course, as well as a Naval Special Warfare Scout/Sniper. He is a qualified expert in all US navy weapons. He founded the Bukido Institute, as well as the Bukido Training System, which "teaches a performance philosophy that uses unarmed combat as a pathway for exploring the dynamics of doubt, hesitation, second-guessing, stress, pain, fatigue and fear." Machowicz also served as a personal protection specialist for many high profile individuals within the political arena, business world and entertainment industry.
- Pensacola: Wings of Gold (1 episode, 1998)
- The Gift (2005) (TV) as Host
- FutureWeapons (30 episodes, 2005-2008) as Host/Producer
- Rome Is Burning (1 episode, 2008)
- Gamer (2009) as Blue Soldier
- America: The Story of Us (6 episodes, 2010)
- Deadliest Warrior (10 episodes, 2011) as Host
- Ultimate Soldier Challenge (2013) (TV) as Host
- Unleash the Warrior Within: Develop the Focus, Discipline, Confidence and Courage You Need to Achieve Unlimited Goals. (2002) ISBN 1-56924-497-9
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Richard Machowicz.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|