|Robert Eggers Adamina, Sr.|
|Born||August 5, 1917|
|Died||October 30, 1996(aged 79)|
|Place of birth||Alameda, California|
|Place of death||Palm Desert, California|
|Allegiance||United States of America|
United States Army Air Forces|
United States Air Force
|Years of service||1940–1964|
World War II|
European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal|
World War II Victory Medal
Prisoner of War Medal
Early life[edit | edit source]
Robert was born in California on August 5, 1917 to Felix J. and May Adamina. He also had a sister (Thelma).
Military service & assignments[edit | edit source]
- November 26, 1940: Enlisted in the U.S. Army Air Forces at the Presidio of San Francisco in California (ASN: 19036151).
- 1942: Commissioned (ASN: 0-421019)
- May 11, 1942 - May 14, 1943: 82nd Fighter Squadron, 78th Fighter Group, Eighth Air Force
- May 14, 1943 - 1945: Shot down in dogfight with Fw190's on support mission for bombing mission. Captured by the Germans, held as a Prisoner of War at Stulag Luft III, Sagan, Sillesia, Bavaria. The camp was liberated by the Allies in 1945 and he was rescued.
- May 3, 1955 - June 1957: Commander of the 86th Bombardment Squadron, Tactical, 47th Bombardment Wing, Third Air Force
- July 1, 1964: Retired from military service with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
Dates of Rank[edit | edit source]
Awards & decorations[edit | edit source]
Personal life[edit | edit source]
He married Juanita Daussat and together they had one child (Robert Jr.) who died in 1974.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- 1949-1951 U.S. Air Force Register, Page 18
- 1952-1953 U.S. Air Force Register, Page 19
- 1965 U.S. Air Force Register, Page 3
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.