Robert T. King was a Vermont Republican politician who served as Auditor of Accounts.
Biography[edit | edit source]
In 1950 King received a bachelor's degree in accounting from the College of William & Mary and accepted a position on the staff of Vermont's Auditor of Accounts.
A lifelong bachelor, King was active in Jericho's civic affairs, including service as Moderator for the Mount Mansfield Union School District, the Underhill Graded School District and the Underhill-Jericho Water District.
In 1963 King was appointed Deputy State Auditor.
King was the successful Republican nominee for State Auditor in 1968 and served from January, 1969 until his death.
References[edit | edit source]
- Vermont Birth Records, 1909-2008, entry for Robert Thomas King
- 1920 U.S. Census Entry for Pearley J. King family
- 1930 U.S. Census Entry for Pearley J. King family
- 1940 U.S. Census Entry for Pearley J. King family
- Vermont Legislative Directory, published by Vermont Secretary of State, 1969, page 753
- U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, entry for Robert T. King
- Vermont Legislative Directory and State Manual, published by Vermont Secretary of State, 1963, page 713
- Newspaper article, Auditor King to Run Again, by Associated Press, North Adams (Mass.) Transcript, April 16, 1970
- Newspaper article, State Auditor King Says He'll Run Again, Bennington Banner, April 14, 1970
- Newspaper article, King Seeks GOP nomination for Auditor of Accounts, Bennington Banner, July 10, 1968
- Newspaper article, State Auditor King, 53, Dies of Heart Attack, by United Press International, published in Bennington Banner, September 18, 1970
- Vermont Death Records, 1909-2008 Record for Robert T. King
- Newspaper article, Election Sweep is Scored By Republicans In Vermont, by Associated Press, published in Newport (R.I.) Daily News, November 4, 1970
Jay H. Gordon
|Vermont Auditor of Accounts
1969 – 1970
Alexander V. Acebo
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|