|Born|| November 1961 (age 58)|
Bozeman, Montana, U.S.
|Alma mater|| University of Oregon|
University of San Diego
Ryan Zinke (born November 1, 1961) is a Republican member of the Montana Senate since 2009. He was elected to Senate District 2, representing Whitefish, Montana, in 2009 and 2011. Zinke served as a U.S. Navy SEAL from 1985 to 2008, retiring with the rank of Commander. During his career as a SEAL, he served as a member of the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (also known as DEVGRU). He was awarded two Bronze Stars for active combat duty. He received a BS from the University of Oregon, an MBA from National University, and an MS from the University of San Diego.
He was the running mate of Montana gubernatorial candidate Neil Livingstone in 2012. Livingstone finished fifth in the Republican primary with 8.8% of the vote.
Zinke is married to Lolita (née Hand). The Zinkes have three children: Jennifer, Wolfgang and Konrad. In July 2012 Mr. Zinke created a super PAC to oppose president Obama's reelection. Mr. Zinke stated that the PAC would be a conduit to channel special forces frustration with the president, as special forces operators are limited in terms of their ability to criticize their civilian commanders.
- ↑ Montana Legislature. "RYAN ZINKE (R)". http://leg.mt.gov/css/Sessions/62nd/leg_info.asp?HouseID=0&SessionID=105&LAWSID=6491. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ↑ New York Times (2011). In Bin Laden's Compound, Seals' All-Star Team. Retrieved May 4, 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 GOPAC. "Candidate Spotlight:Ryan Zinke". http://www.gopac.org/chairmanscorner/spotlight27.aspx. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ↑ Congress.org. "Sen. Ryan Zinke (R-MT 2nd District)". http://congress.org/congressorg/bio/id/22748. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- ↑ Johnson, Charles S. (July 10, 2011). "Livingstone taps Zinke as running mate". Billings Gazette. http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_02507b80-0c12-5767-a262-b21a8f35ee6e.html. Retrieved March 11, 2012.
- ↑ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/19/ryan-zinke-navy-seal-super-pac_n_1686086.html
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|