|Samuel Sydney Zurier|
February 27, 1907|
Providence, Rhode Island
April 2, 1997 (aged 90)|
West Palm Beach, Florida
|Place of burial||David & Israel Cemetery, Providence, Rhode Island|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1942 - 1945|
|Unit||Company D, 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
French Croix de Guerre with palm|
Bronze Star Medal
He enlisted in the United States Army from Hartford, Connecticut on February 14, 1942 (ASN: 11064927). He served in World War II with Company D, 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division. He was discharged on November 15, 1945 as a Staff Sergeant.
The name of his first wife is unknown, he eventually divorced her. He married his second wife which was Irene B. Smith in 1974.
Awards & decorations
- French Croix de Guerre with palm[n 1]
- Bronze Star Medal as Staff Sergeant in Company D, 180th Infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry Division "Thunderbird"
- European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal with three arrowheads and five Service stars[n 1]
- American Campaign Medal[n 1]
- World War II Victory Medal[n 1]
- Award determination based on the awards the 180th Infantry Regiment and the 45th Infantry Division had received.
- "Sam S. Zurier". Find a Grave. http://www.findagrave.com/memorial/111491905. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Zurier, Sam S.". TracesofWar.com. https://www.tracesofwar.com/persons/39840/Zurier-Sam-S.htm. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|