|सिंधुदुर्ग District, Maharashtra|
|Built by||Sambhaji Maharaj|
|Controlled by||Indian Govt.|
Sarjekot Fort (Marathi language: सर्जेकोट)is an old military fortification in India. it is situated very close to the Malvan. It is located in the Arabian Sea close to the Malvan town in Sindhudurg District of Maharashtra state.
The history is similar to the Kolaba fort. This fort was built on the rocks to secure the strategic position.
This fort is 26mtX27mt in dimension. There are five bastions and stone wall encircling the fort.. the entrance is facing the Kolaba fort. There is a well inside the fort.
How to reach
Alibag is 95 km from Mumbai. The fort is situated near the Alibag beach. It is approachable during the low tide period.
- List of forts in Maharashtra
- List of forts in India
- Sambhaji Maharaj
- Maratha Navy
- Maratha War of Independence
- Battles involving the Maratha Empire
- Maratha Army
- Military history of India
- Kanhoji Angre
- Kolaba fort
- (in en) Gazetteer of the Bombay Presidency: Ratnagiri and Savantvádi. Printed at the Government Central Press. 1880. https://books.google.co.in/books?id=UbUBAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA373&dq=Sarjekot+fort&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1kdn6qKHbAhVFPY8KHVYWC_MQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q=Sarjekot%2520fort&f=false.
- Nairne, Alexander Kyd (1894) (in en). History of the Konkan. Asian Educational Services. ISBN 9788120602755. https://books.google.co.in/books?id=nzPCcILP-XwC&pg=PA69&dq=Sarjekot+fort&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1kdn6qKHbAhVFPY8KHVYWC_MQ6AEIMTAC#v=onepage&q=Sarjekot%2520fort&f=false.
- "Sarjekot (Alibaug), Sahyadri,Shivaji,Trekking,Marathi,Maharastra". http://trekshitiz.com/trekshitiz/marathi/Sarjekot_(Alibaug)-Trek-S-Alpha.html.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Sarjekot fort.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|