|The Scottish and North Irish Yeomanry|
|Part of||Royal Armoured Corps|
The Scottish and North Irish Yeomanry is a new creation, created out of the restructuring of the Yeomanry regiments.
The Secretary of State for Defence announced that the name of the Regiment is planned to change to "The Scottish and North Irish Yeomanry". A new HQ (Lothians and Border Horse) Squadron will be formed in Edinburgh.
- A (Ayrshire Yeomanry) Squadron
- B (North Irish Horse) Squadron
- C (Fife and Forfar Yeomanry) Squadron
The Regiment will be paired with the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards in the Light Cavalry role under Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) 2020. They will be primarily equipped with the WMIK Land Rover.
- "Summary of Army 2020 Reserve Structure and Basing". British Army. http://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/20130703-SUMMARY_OF_ARMY_2020_RESERVE_STRUCTURE_AND_BASING.pdf. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- "Royal Scots Dragoons Guards receive new jackal vehicles". Ministry of Defence of the United Kingdom. 20 November 2013. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/royal-scots-dragoon-guards-receive-new-jackal-vehicles.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|