|Part of Nazi Germany|
|In use||captured before being used|
Sottevast is a commune in Normandy in north-western France.
Sottevast in World War II[edit | edit source]
|February 29/March 1, 1944||One Mosquito to a "flying-bomb site" at "Sottevast"[Clarification needed]|
|April 28, 1944||Mission 325: 18 of 106 B-17s bomb the Sottevast, France V-weapon site and targets of opportunity; clouds prevent most B-17s from bombing; 2 B-17s are lost (1 has 6 KIA and 5 POW) and 47 damaged; 3 airmen are WIA and 21 MIA. Escort is provided by 46 P-47s without loss.|
|May 8, 1944||Mission 345: 384th Bombardment Group.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bunkers in France.|
References[edit | edit source]
- tbd (tbd). "tbd". http://www.atlantikwall.org.uk/new_page_51.htm. Retrieved tbd.
- "Welcome to the 504th PIR Association". DotNetNuke Corporation. http://www.504pirassociation.org/. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- Stever, H. Guyford. In War and Peace. p. p47. http://books.google.com/books?id=BjKnAH22EcoC&pg=PA47&lpg=PA47&dq=sottevast+captured&source=web&ots=wyhm9vomrh&sig=2ISUhtIHsajbd6LEDNvfj_Xm0to&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=6&ct=result. Retrieved 2008-09-09.
- "Campaign Diary Feb 1944". Royal Air Force Bomber Command 60th Anniversary. UK Crown. http://www.raf.mod.uk/bombercommand/Feb1944.html. Retrieved 2007-05-24.
- "8th Air Force 1944 Chronicles". http://www.airwarweb.net/usaaf/8af_1944.php. Retrieved 2007-05-25. 1944: April, May, June, July, August, September
- 384th BG Mission Almanac Mission 103
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.