|Spanish Armed Forces|
|Fuerzas Armadas Españolas|
File:Spanish Armed Forces logo.svg|
Spanish Armed Forces Recruitment Logo
|Service branches||Spanish Royal Guard|
Captain General of the Royal Armed Forces and Supreme Commander|
H. M. Felipe VI
|Minister of Defence||Pedro Morenés|
|Chief of the Defense Staff||
Fernando García Sánchez
|Budget||€ 5.717 billion (2015)|
|Percent of GDP||~0.6% (2015)|
|Domestic suppliers||Airbus Group, Santa Bárbara, Navantia, Indra, Gamesa, Abengoa|
|Annual imports||€ 2.415 billion  (2010)|
|Annual exports||€ 4.174 billion  (2010)|
|History||Military history of Spain|
The Spanish Armed Forces (Spanish language: Fuerzas Armadas Españolas , FFAA) are the military forces of the Kingdom of Spain. The Spanish Armed Forces are a modern military force charged with defending the Kingdom's integrity and sovereignty. They consist of the Army, Navy and Air Force. The Monarch is the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, with the title jefe supremo de las fuerzas armadas (Supreme Chief of the Armed Forces) The current Chief of the Defence Staff is General Admiral Fernando García Sánchez. The Armed Forces are active members of NATO, the Eurocorps, the European Union Battlegroups as well as providing peace keeping troops to the United Nations.
History[edit | edit source]
The military history of Spain includes the history of battles fought in the territory of modern Spain, as well as her former and current overseas possessions and territories, and the military history of the Spanish people regardless of geography.
Today[edit | edit source]
The three main branches of the Spanish armed forces are as follows;
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- (Spanish) Pedro Morenés new Minister of Defence. Ministry of Defence Website.
- (Spanish) New head of the Joint Chiefs of Spanish Defense Staff, Admiral General Fernando García Sánchez. Ministry of Defence Website.
- http://www.defensa.gob.es/Galerias/presupuestos/presupuesto-defensa-2012.pdf Military Budget 2012, page 451
- (Spanish) http://www.defensa.gob.es/gabinete/notasPrensa/2014/10/DGC-141006-comparecencia-sedef-presupuestos-2015.html].
- (Spanish) 
- http://www.defensa.gob.es/Galerias/presupuestos/presupuesto-defensa-2012.pdf Military Budget 2012, pages 451-455
Further reading[edit | edit source]
- Jane's Defence Weekly, Country Survey: Spain, JDW 18 April 1992, p. 655-onwards
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|