|Special Operations Assault Rifle (SOAR)|
|Place of origin||Philippines|
|In service||2006 - present|
|Used by||See Users|
|Wars||Anti-guerrilla operations in the Philippines|
|Designer||Ferdinand and Francis Sy|
|Produced||2004 - Present|
|Action||Gas-operated, rotating bolt|
|Rate of fire||550-650 round/min|
|Feed system||Various STANAG Magazines|
|Sights||Can mount various Optical sights with Picatinny railing|
The FERFRANS SOAR is a selective fire 5.56x45mm NATO assault rifle firing from a closed rotating bolt. It has a gas-actuated piston-driven long stroke operating system, which uses burnt powder gases vented through a port in the barrel to power the weapon's moving parts. It uses a heavy machine gun barrel for sustained firing to produce a sub-machine gun with a high power caliber. The FERFRANS SOAR uses a unique patented rate reduction system (FERFRANS RRS) that reduces the cyclic rate of fire regardless of barrel length. This allows for controlled bursts without the use of a burst fire setting. The combination of the low cyclic rate, a compensator, and Selective Integrated Rail (S.I.R.) with vertical foregrip permits sustained automatic fire with no muzzle climb, making the weapon extremely controllable, and capable of overwhelming and accurate firepower.
- Philippines: Special Action Force
- United States: Limited use with some SWAT teams, under testing in US Army
- Malaysia 
- Peru 
- Indonesia 
-  Retrieved on March 15, 2010. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "FERFRANS" defined multiple times with different content
- FERFRANS SOAR AR-Type CQB Subcarbines/SBRs. Retrieved on October 27, 2007.
- Special Operations Assault Rifle and 5.56 bullet Retrieved on October 27, 2007.
- gallery. Retrieved on August 4, 2008.
- http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/04/26/12/filipino-twins-develop-assault-rifle Published at 04/26/2012
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|